Scarred for life.

groumoutis

Drove the GN to work the other day. I was on the way home and I have to drive the interstate for about 20 miles. I am cruising about 75 mph and I can see a car coming up in the left lane fairly quick. As it gets closer I see a kid (mid 20's) in this flat black painted Honda Civic with a huge wing on the back and all the ground effects and wheels. I decided to play with this kid. Once he was beside me I goosed it a little and no go from the kid. I tried three times and nothing. He slowed down and got behind me in the right lane. I move over and try one more time. Nothing! Well this kid gets off the interstate at my exit and pulled into the gas station a block from my house. I couldn't resist. I make a u-turn and go back to the gas station to mess with this kid more. I pull up to him by the pump and start a conversation with him. I guess I had beat up on his dads new Challenger RT a couple summers ago while he was in the car with his dad. I did bust his balls about the fart can and wing a little. Seemed like a good kid though. He said he would like a cool car someday. I guess he realizes his Honda is kinda corny looking.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That's unusual, don't they usually taunt us?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Reviving a little faith in the younger generation. He has a memory and knows not to "tough the hot burner". AND, he thinks our cars are cool and wants on "some day". Now he needs to set some goals and get with it.

Good kill.

Hopefully he realizes that he should stop wasting $$ on wings and pfart-cans on that ricer. He knew he was no contest.

Since he mentioned he would like to have a cool car someday,it sounds like he is on the right track.

...just stop wasting $$.

Glad the kids has a goal for a cool car someday.

There's a guy running around here with a CRX like that but it goes pretty good for what it is. He has a turbo and that big intercooler where the front bumper should be. It runs 12.7-12.9's. We've seen each other at the track but never lined up. Anyway we end up first cars, side by side at a duel left turn lane here in town. We ease through the left and he stays door to door and wants the T bad but I won't bite because we are between two plazas with multiple entrances and four side streets. This is no place to race. I motion for him to relax and point to the next red light where we will be past all this potential danger. I guess he thought I said go so he gasses it; now he has been in first gear the whole time wound up tighter than a drum, poping, farting, backfiring. He is extremely loud so I'm thinking any cop within 1/4 mile can he him so I decided no race now. He runs it to the point of bouncing it off the rev limiter I'm guessing and it is really popping, backfiring and sounding horrible before he shifts and repeats that whole scenario all again and again with the next two shifts. I'm also guessing he is overboosting by the sounds. He is long gone doing 70-80 in a very congested 45 zone through multiple plazas and parking lots. We never did line up.

Mikey