Scanmaster readings

BigTady

Hey guys, just starting to drive my grand nash and figured i would post the scanmaster reading to see if there is anything that jumps out at someone. I'm learning about these cars so more details the better so i understand what i'm looking at or need to do to fix it.

I drove it for about a half hour and when i pulled it into the garage i put it in park and pulled these numbers.

Thanks a ton in advance :)

O2 MINIVOLTS 042-054
RETARD DEGREES 0.0
AF 6
L8 35-39
BAT 13.5
INT 128
BL 141
NPH 00
CLT 142-148
ATS 71
R 800-900
TPS. 48
IAC 26
CC 64
NAL 23

Mal 23 means the intake manifold temps are low. CLT at 142-148 after 30 minutes of driving seems too cold to me. Your tps is a little high . Bring it down to 42. Your iac is also a little high in my opiñion. Bring it down to between 10-20. Your blm is also a little high suggesting you may have a vacuum leak somewhere. Other, more experienced guys will chime in soon but thats what i see. These cars are tricky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mal 23 means the intake manifold temps are low. CLT at 142-148 after 30 minutes of driving seems too cold to me. Your tps is a little high . Bring it down to 42. Your iac is also a little high in my opiñion. Bring it down to between 10-20. Your blm is also a little high suggesting you may have a vacuum leak somewhere. Other, more experienced guys will chime in soon but thats what i see. These cars are tricky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IAC is just fine where it's at. But.... the other things you mention do need attention.

Looks like a lazy or bad 02 sensor=low and slow moving milvolts ,and the coolant shouldn't be that low unless you live in Alaska, I agree with mabe a vac leak blm's too high= check your pcv valve or your fuel pressure make sure its at 40-42..

I looked up code 23 so I know what's wrong there. I didn't hook back up the sensor when I replaced the MAF. I will get on that!

Ok guys,

Thanks again for the help already provided. I've been tinkering and now ck engine light is off, MAL 23 is gone. However the car really idle rough, seems to drive ok, but something does not seem right in Park and at stop signs.

New Readings are as follows after i used a bit of info from http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/basics.htm

O2 MINIVOLTS 042-054
RETARD DEGREES 0.0
AF 5
L8 35-43
BAT 13.3
INT 128
BL 142
MPH 00
CLT 160
ATS 118
r 750-850
TPS. 44
IAC 14
CC 204
MAL 00

Fuel Pressure was set at 43 per TT Chip instructions, then up about 46 and the car seem to idle better so i left it there. Is that to high?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Your BLM at idle is high. You may be able to help that with a tweak to the Translator settings. What is the MAF Base setting currently set to, inside the Translator box?