same old question , what's it worth

buickjunkie

Central Ontario
Hi
I'm not new to Buick's, usually hang out at V8buick, I have a 79 Turbo Regal to play with, not on the road yet. I ran across a 87 GN for sale and want an opinion as to what it's worth, or what the parts to sell are worth.
It's tough, runs drives, frame is good, doors iffy, rockers shot, one quarter is shot, raccoon's have lived in it. The tail lights, front bumper, head light bezels and grill are intact, just not on the car. Comes with a rust free southern Regal shell.
thanks Bruce

Attachments

• 104_6011.jpg
    104_6011.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 104_6010.jpg
    104_6010.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 104_6012.jpg
    104_6012.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 104_6013.jpg
    104_6013.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 104_6014.jpg
    104_6014.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 187
$3,000 tops. I don't know what the parts alone are worth. But a lot of it will work on your 79. Would be cool if you wanted to convert it over to intercooled fuel injection turbocharged, you have all the parts to do it with.

thanks for the replies, I think my comfort level on this is $1500. I imagine most of the parts will fit in the 79, including seats, dash, console, steering column, WOW that's a lot to transfer over, then through in the drive train. I also have an 82 Regal parts car with a 4.4L V8 in it.
Bruce

Attachments

• 104_6015.jpg
    104_6015.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 147
2 stacks not a dollar more. The rear end if its a g80 axle is worth $850 if you hold out. drive train $2000 . The dash and harness is worth a few bucks . the seats are probably soaked with coon piss and that is not an easy cleanup. The body if really clean and has a title is probably worth $1000 if the doors are clean too.
People will tell you there are a lot of parts and you will make a ton of money but there is alot of work to get them parts off the car boxed up and shipped out. So add up the labor needed to take these parts off the car and box them up and ship them out and you come up with $2000 tops

I paid 2k for mine and it was probably worse in comparison. I would say no more than 2500 depending on the rust on the GN. I would sell the other car to fund the body work for the shell if it isn't past quarter patches and rockers. My car was 95 percent destroyed. Be prepared to dump about 5k into it. At least it's all complete and runs and drives. Mine came on a trailer completely torn apart with engine parts in the trunk and the rest in buckets. My car had 2 good fenders, steering column, trans, rear, and rear bumper support. Rusty shell too. Everything else was completely trashed. It was mostly complete though.

WoW.. Look at the front seats :eek: They survived the racoon love stains.. Ive seen worse.. If its got a g80 rear I say 1500-1700.. I would save it depending on mileage.....

thanks for the replys
My wife's gonna kill me:biggrin:
I'm going to try to pick it up, I'll let you know how it goes.
Bruce

$750.00 to 1k, it's not complete. Was this found under a snow drift after the spring thaw? no, while fishing in the lake? J/K!:biggrin: My wife is not too happy a camper either!:eek:

You guys are more generous than I, buy it by the pound. .25 cents a pound.

You say transfer everything to the 79?the vin 7 is what brings the cash that 79 is worth chump change compared to what the furture holds for that we2 vin7

Maybe $1500 to start - does CA $ or US $ make a difference these days?

Day2c.jpgDay2d.jpgDay4b.jpg

Go for it - maybe save another GN!

This is what I brought home for title fees, taxes, and $600 storage charges. The pics were taken back on that day after I had taken out the blue totes and the extra exhaust parts. Mine had no engine but I grabbed the 2004r that was on the floor of a Mopar about 100ft away. Of course I'm not done spending money but MY raccoons are gone as is the turd they left in the console ashtray.:redface:

I pick one up last night like that and I have to sleep on the couch last night LOL JK. I spend $2500 for mine

I say pass & spend more on a cleaner example. That car looks rougher than a corn cob.

~JM~

Fluck that. Crawl underneath that car and check every inch of it for rust. Don't worry about surface rust, just see how much actual rot there is. I paid about 500 dollars in rust repair. It helps when you have fab shops do the work and not a body shop that's into insurance claims and making money.

Bob and I both dealt with rough cars. Mine was obviously a little worse. Yes it had mice piss. Yes it was trashed. Yes I spent a lot of time and money on it. BUT for 12k I have a car that is completely new, has good used original fabric interior (except carpet and headliner). all new suspension and body mounts. Most of my stuff was trashed so I bought all used stuff for the motor and saved an ass load of cash and should run an easy low 11 with a good trans and converter. Today the car is finally getting painted after 5 long years of saving money and chasing parts. I'm so excited I can't wait. I will post a pic of it in this thread some time this weekend.

BTW, that GN you are looking at, it is in MUCH better shape than what mine was. Keith saw how bad my car was when I was starting to tear into it. He's the one of the few people that actually know how bad that car was.