?'s About NC emissions

DailyDrifter

The Slow and the Curious
I'm going to be moving down there in the near future and I was looking at the emission for cars down there. Is it true that non OBD2 cars get exempt? Is this for certain counties of the whole state? Also does anyone have any info on the state inspections? tread depth, brakes. Thanks alot I will also be living in Garner.

Inspections

Hello & Welcome,

It is true that the non-OBD2 cars are alitte easier to get passed, but the key is where you take your car. There are still some stations that check the tint and verify your catalytic converter to be sure they are intact. We have had our cars inspected every year with black out tint, no converter and still passed since the early 90's.;)

However, we did receive a letter this year that there would be no more stickers. When you renewed your tag, it would mean your inspection would be good. Although, you still had to have a station look at it and give you the ok, via computer. NO MORE STICKERS!!:biggrin:

I would suggest that once you move: 1) Talk to your neighbors and find out what stations does inspections on older cars. Ones that don't have the OBD2 system. 2) Go talk to them and maybe take the car. NC is full of Good ole boys & girls that LOVE fast cars. They will probably help you out.

BEST OF LUCK!

~~I hope this helps you out!!~~~

:wink:

I couldn't have said that better myself! The only thing is , Inspections in our state is a crock! Just a money racket for the state.

Excellent hopefully the people dont look to good, due to a 3'' cutout clearly visible from the side of the car. The people down there are alot friendlyer than the snobs up here in my area. Thanks guys, and gals

NO Problem, glad to see more Buicks coming to the area. From the looks of your sig, you should be able to keep him busy without him seeing the cutout.
Main thing is don't go to a quick lube or anything similar, because they usually don't pass.
What is your timeframe on coming to the SOUTH?
Do you have any track times, cause that looks like a pretty cool setup.

Good Luck!

TURBOWIFE

No times yet, its at ESP right now because the trans didnt shift right from day one, so they are going to fix that and due a little tuning to it. Hopefully I can move down there in about a month to month in a half, still talking to my sister to work out some details. Now I can get some speeding tickets in a different state, just when i started to get familiar to know the local cops up here:eek: , Only thing i'm worried about is all the illegal aliens down there:mad:

If you are moving to Graham, you are within 20 minutes of some of the best transmission guys around. Let me know and I will pm you their information.

TURBOWIFE

Jennifer

When you get down, give me a call. I live just south of Garner and know a good place to get the car inspected.

Gary