running bs3 on a BBC

slimtastic

yea dude...I rock
this queston is more in reference to crank and cam signal references. whats everybody using for accurate ignition and fuel timing?

i was thinking of some type of 36-1 chopper wheel for the crank signal but im unsure for cam signal..... any thoughts?

The most reliable setup is an MSD crank trigger and an msd distributor modified for can sync signal. If your running a belt drive for the cam, you can buy an msd cam sync sensor kit and put the magnet in the cam pulley/ gear. Then you can run coil on plug, a simple crank trigger distributor or front mount belt driver distributor.

MSD crank trigger for the crank signal. For the cam signal you can use an MSD billet distributor with an internal pick-up. You just break off 7 of the 8 reluctors on the wheel inside the cap.

'thanks for the input guys. so i take it the msd trigger doesnt have "resolution" problems for when your recording datalogs? i would have thought 4 points would be irratic on rpm witha high resolution datalog.

No resolution problems at all. I'm not an efi expert, but I doubt the datalog sampling rate is good enough to actually see the individual magnets on the datalog.

You'll see MSD crank triggers on all the highest hp efi motors. My fried runs one on is 2800hp twin turbo Pontiac. The MSD is proven reliable and fairly easy to setup. The other advantage to the MSD parts is you'll have the most comon setup and if you suspect you have an efi box problem at the track, you will have a very easy time finding someone with a similar box you can swap in. Not so for a 36-1 wheel setup.