roll bar

Nice!! I got a old snap on mig that's built like a tank.And now I want to start tig welding.
I thinking about getting a Eastwood 200 tig.A friend of mine has one.Hes done some nice work it.I'm going look into the Hobart.thanks for reply.

Did you go with a swingout kit? I am having a tough time finding a clevis style in 1 3/4" by .083. I'm not too fond of some of the hinge styles I've seen. They look too cheap and unfinished.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Did you go with a swingout kit? I am having a tough time finding a clevis style in 1 3/4" by .083. I'm not too fond of some of the hinge styles I've seen. They look too cheap and unfinished.

I actually did not do swing outs. My buddies think I'm an idiot, and they're prob right. When I had the seat in, I tried getting in and out of it a few times. It's a little bit of a PITA, but for as much as I'll drive it, I'll deal with it.

Looks nice all painted. What paint did you use on it?

Looks nice all painted. What paint did you use on it?

I bought 2 cans of duplicolor paint. It's a ford color called dark claret metallic. It was the closest thing I could find. It was actually a little too bright, so I misted over it with a matte black then cleared it.

Ya, I have burgundy interior too. I was considering having some paint mixed up at the auto body supply shop to match. I want it to blend in as much as possible.

I have you covered on the clevises for the thin cro-mo ;-)

image.jpeg
It's been a while, but I thought I'd give you guys another update.
Cut new holes in the rear speaker tray. Cut new speaker mounts out of sheetmetal and tack welded them in place.
I had the rear window tinted, reinstalled it along with all the trim. I'm hoping to get the interior back in and have it on the road in the next week or so.

That's a nice solution to moving the speakers. I just cut epening and moved over the 6x9 adapters since my rear window is not removed. Haywire is close to finishing his install and my interior is all gutted. Hopefully soon the install will begin. Thanks for the updated.

Did u bend the rear bars or did u buy them ? I want to have mine go through the tray area instead of the back seat like u have mine

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 175
i have the ART racing clevis swing outs on my caged car (.083 1.5/8). they dont make1.3/4 " end for .083 wall (chromoly tube) but they make the .1 3/4 ends for .134 wall (mild steel tube) . using the clevis end made for a .134 in an .083(cmoly) isn't a problem it just means the insert end is going to be slightly smaller than the pipe ID you have ( thinner wall pipe has a larger ID ) so its not going to be a press into the bar end , not really a requirement since you need to weld them on. just center it as best you can on the end and weld them on , or put a couple tacks on the sleeve end to build it up so its snug or you can make a collar to upsize it to fit the .083 and keep it centered using 24gauge sheet metal wrapped around the end of the clevis (24ga is .025" which will bring it up to .084")

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. We went with mild steel from Wild Rides for my car. Haywire used S&W for his roll bar. He's going to custom mill a set of clevis joints for my side bars. On his, he incorporated some stops on his store bought clevis's so they don't swing too wide or push through and hit the seat. He'll devise something for mine too. Sub belt mounts have also been made.
I didn't want to go through the rear seat, that's one reason I chose Wild Rides.