roll bar

I'ld be interested in seeing how well they bent the side bars around the arm rest. They don't list the size of the mild steel tubing. That would be helpful to know too.

I would get the moly to save weight, and I also have a tig welder. Plus it's only $100 more. S&W stuff is nice too, but when you start adding for bent door bars, the price goes way up.

I am not sure about the prices in your area but here in the midwest I paid $600 for my moly 6 point installed by Tydo Race Cars. It was built custom and works around the interior and required no modifications to interior at all. I dropped the car off 100% complete and picked it up 4 days later with a 6 point installed and painted and ready to go the track.

That's cheap. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the wild rides kit, as it looks like the most direct fit available. I cut the back window out today and also ordered a new headliner. If I think about it, I'll update the thread with pics.

I am not sure about the prices in your area but here in the midwest I paid $600 for my moly 6 point installed by Tydo Race Cars. It was built custom and works around the interior and required no modifications to interior at all. I dropped the car off 100% complete and picked it up 4 days later with a 6 point installed and painted and ready to go the track.
Got any pics ? I'm about 4 hours from them , near St Louis. I got a 1200.00 quote locally for a custom moly 10 point with swing outs.

Bryan

That's cheap. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the wild rides kit, as it looks like the most direct fit available. I cut the back window out today and also ordered a new headliner. If I think about it, I'll update the thread with pics.
I'd be interested in seeing the kit and how it fits, especially around the arm rests. Please post pictures when you install it.

Thanks. Looks good. They did a nice job.

Bryan

Thanks. Mark at TYDO is a good guy and does good work. There are a couple more shops down this way that do good work also. BDRC in Strafford and 417 Motorsports in Springfield both do nice work.

Pulled the trigger today on the wild rides kit in chromoly. Guy I talked to, whose name I can't remember, was very helpful and assured me that it needs no modifying. Also bought a different cap for my tig torch and a thumb control for the welder, itself. I'm hoping it arrives next week, as I am off work for Christmas shutdown. If anybody is interested, I'll update with pics.

Last edited:
I am def interested. I spoke to the same guy, i am not quite ready to order mine but i def want to get this one. He also told me 60.00 a side to get the takaways. As you will have yours first, def curios how its going to look and fit,please keep us posted. Thanks Gene

mild steel needs to be 1 3/4 to be legal doesn't it?
Mild steel is 1.75" x .120 wall. [Some welded tubing does not pass sonic testing. If using such, some folks go to .134" wall to be sure that it passes].
Moly is 1.625" x .083" wall.
Mild = MIG welding/legal.
Moly = TIG welding/legal.
Removable x bars are NOT legal in NHRA comp.

My $.02 on the bars I've seen...
1. The door bars are way short of providing a rigid tie in of the ft suspension/frame.
2. Bent rear bars are an invitation for collapse, They provide less than ideal rigidity, as far as frame flexing is concerned. "Kinked" rear bars do little to avoid 1/4 panel wrinkles.

BTDT... just sayin.:)

Mild steel is 1.75" x .120 wall. [Some welded tubing does not pass sonic testing. If using such, some folks go to .134" wall to be sure that it passes].
Moly is 1.625" x .083" wall.
Mild = MIG welding/legal.
Moly = TIG welding/legal.
Removable x bars are NOT legal in NHRA comp.

My $.02 on the bars I've seen...
1. The door bars are way short of providing a rigid tie in of the ft suspension/frame.
2. Bent rear bars are an invitation for collapse, They provide less than ideal rigidity, as far as frame flexing is concerned. "Kinked" rear bars do little to avoid 1/4 panel wrinkles.

BTDT... just sayin.:)

This is the .083" chromoly. I realize the prebent rear bars are not ideal for a full out race car, but I want the least intrusive bar I could put in the car while retaining a full interior. This will still be a street car that might get raced 4 or 5 times a year.