Roll Bar Importance

V8Assassin

100mi away ready 2 strike
This was a wreck in FL last weekend, driver was ok thanks to roll cage!

Attachments

• IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 414
Yup, good example. My car runs 10.5, but my cage will cert to 8.5. You would pay any price for safety at the moment you tip upside down or hit the wall...:eek:

Wow, that looks like a pretty high speed wreck. Glad he walked away.

Adam you are so right...

Randy took at least 3 hits to the wall at probably 150+ with our car and walked away with a couple of slightly cracked ribs:eek: We didn't post pictures but the car was nazty:frown:

Between that one and watching Mr. Sullivan at BPG a couple of years ago I will never put one of my cars on the track again without the proper safety equipment...

A life is worth way more than any car!

I'm not sure exactly what happened, I spoke very briefly with the driver just to say I was glad he was ok. I heard someone say that the front end had something break. Car was going 140mph when it went to the wall!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Talk about cleaning out your shorts.That was money well spent on that cage. To think there are cars out there with no cage going that fast:eek: death sentence.I dont know what happened to this car but if it was a front end part that really sucks.I have seen cars running 10 seconds that had waisted ball joints:eek: Steering and suspension parts are way overlooked.Every time I go to the track I shake down front end .A tierod breaking at 70mph is going to send you places you dont want to be let alone over a 100mph.These cars can be replaced.We cant be.SAFETY FIRST!