RJC motor brace install

BOP4ever

I installed my new motor brace today and other than that top bolt and having to bend the brake line out of the way it went good. I was a little concerned the A arm bolt is only about .100 away from the brace.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396148463.243855.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396148484.203144.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396148528.357064.jpg

I sawed the end off that bolt on mine for a little more clearance, been running mine for 2 seasons and I'm very pleased with it!

I have one also,my complaint is that after a while it loosens up and starts to rattle, I've had to tighten it up quite a few times already. I guess you cant beat a good old ugly torque strap...

Last edited:
i ordered one yesterday hope i have good results with it. have you tried using loctight ? other than getting loose does it work as advertised ?

i ordered one yesterday hope i have good results with it. have you tried using loctight ? other than getting loose does it work as advertised ?
It seems to work as advertised i have not popped a motor mount yet, I used loctight the first time 3 years ago when I first got the brace, but im gonna hafta try it again..

They make loctite in a paste...The red paste I believe is stronger than the blue paste...Works like a tube of capstick....Try that stuff!!

I have one also,my complaint is that after a while it loosens up and starts to rattle, I've had to tighten it up quite a few times already. I guess you cant beat a good old ugly torque strap...
The brace should not loosen. There should be a jam nut to keep it tight. I've run mine for 4 years and it was just as tight when I took my tranny out, as it was when I put it in. The torque straps just break shit.