Rjc bulletproof gaskets with arp head bolt ?

I have not but Perhaps the only issue with using head bolts with RJC bullet proof HG kit is: the re-torque of the fasteners. Seems that the seal on the head bolt threads that go into the block would be compromised if using RTV to seal. Probably ok with a Teflon thread sealer but I use RTV on studs like instructions say.

You can use bolts. Ive done it probably a hundred times. Just be sure to use good bolts.

I sourced out/tested the sealant (And about 20 others that didnt make the cut) used with these gaskets back in the late 80s and used it with copper head gaskets for years. In probably 94, I started using the sealant on double stacked shim gaskets and sold that setup for a long time until a douchebag figured out what the sealant was and leaked it to the Internet. Just to be clear, Jason was not the doucehbag. LOL

Last edited:
Well I have the arp bolts. It's my first time using the rjc bullet proof head gaskets and on a hotair. It's a little different than a 109 block.

Well I have the arp bolts. It's my first time using the rjc bullet proof head gaskets and on a hotair. It's a little different than a 109 block.

Youll be fine. Ive done this on hot air cars too.

So it came with a loctite 518 sealer. And a paint roller.

Can you explain in detail how this goes Jay c ?

So it came with a loctite 518 sealer. And a paint roller.

Can you explain in detail how this goes Jay c ?

I never used the paint roller. Thats Jason's deal. I wore gloves and put it on with my finger. Loctite 518 is not what I used tho so maybe what i was using has been discontinued. Anyway, put a good coating on both sides, torque it down, wait 15 minutes and retorque and youre good to go. Sometimes you have to squish out any extra that builds up.

GE 1200 was what I started out using then I switched to GE 4000. Its a construction glaze for putting windows in skyscrapers.