Rims for new slicks

OneQuikV6

Automotively bi-curious
Well, I just scored a set of Goodyear slicks off eBay and will need to find some wheels to mount them on. They are 27 x 10 x 15. Anyone have any recomendations to a cheap source? I assume it'll need to be an 8" wheel, but I need to make sure they will fit on the T Type without rubbing. Any ideas?

Yes, an 8" rim will do with a 3.5 inch backspacing or thereabouts.

Originally posted by Rick
Yes, an 8" rim will do with a 3.5 inch backspacing or thereabouts.

Thanks! I think what i need to know is if there are any used rims in the bone yards that make good candidates. I'm looking for cheap here :D I know I could buy a set of Pro Stars to match my rims, but I don't race that often, so I just want a cheap set of wheels to mount the slicks on.

anything off an s10 will work, as well as 2nd gen f-bodies. Where are you from? ive got a pair of steel s10 rims im gettin rid of, free, just come ad pick them up.

Originally posted by mygrain
anything off an s10 will work, as well as 2nd gen f-bodies. Where are you from? ive got a pair of steel s10 rims im gettin rid of, free, just come ad pick them up.

Question is...will thay support a 10" wide slick? IF so and they won't run the frame, I'd be interested. I'd pay to have them shipped. I'm in Missouri.

cheap rims

Try a set of stock car rims , 19 lbs a rim , $40 each brand new , Black or chrome most come .

i have always thought about those cheep 40 buck stock car rims for slicks. is there any reason they mightnot be safe? or work as good as a weld?

I run my 28x10.5x15 ET Drags on a set of ol' Vette steel 15x8s. I think that the BS is 4"... so I am running the AL drums and a 1/4" spacer to compensate.

HTH,

I think theyre 15x7, same size as a GN rim. I think that if you go to a "u pull it" yard and grab a pair it would be cheaper than shipping them.