Repair broken V-band clamp

C

coach

image-1581665604.jpg
image-329053403.jpg
image-1980541448.jpg
image-1320903245.jpg
image-42880336.jpg

I was having a rough time finding a replacement clamp for my Kenne Bell headers. The bolt broke on one of my V-band clamps and left the threads too short to get a nut on. Summit has clamps for $35 bucks plus shipping and handling, but I fixed it for about $.90...if you don't include the $200,000 machine I did it on.

Please dont throw away your old clamps. I was in a jam and figured out a way to fix it. PM me and I can offer a few solutions to repair them.

Here are a few shots of how I did it.

Nice. I don't know how many clamps I've junked because of snapped threads. I religioulsy throw away the locking stainless nuts that come with them because of this. Do you actually cut threads with the edm? I would like to see how that works.

Mike E said:
Nice. I don't know how many clamps I've junked because of snapped threads. I religioulsy throw away the locking stainless nuts that come with them because of this. Do you actually cut threads with the edm? I would like to see how that works.

I can cut threads down to 4-40. The way I made the piece...if it breaks, you can just replace the set screw and it's new again. I can also tighten them up if they are stretched too big.