red light no green on alky

bttwracing86T

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE 6!
on first start up I was told to test till light goes green well I hold down it wants to die and only stays red I just got this car but don't want to harm the motor. please help. new to the alky control

on first start up I was told to test till light goes green well I hold down it wants to die and only stays red I just got this car but don't want to harm the motor. please help. new to the alky control

It wont make enough pressure just with the test button, I believe it will only go green when it reaches 35psi pump pressure best I can remember..

and no green at boost either
How much boost are you putting on the car?? If it wont come on between 7-9psi then its not seeing a boost reference from the MAP sensor

yup.... its doesn't seem to be getting a boost signal from the MAP to the controller.. DId you adjust any turn-on or initial within the main controller??

If I were you I would turn the car down to 20 to 21 pounds to be safe until you get things sorted out don't try to run 25 pounds on pump gas if the red light won't change 2 green

Heres what Razor wrote so I suppose your correct....
"Fill tank with a little water like 6oz. Place the Gain knob on 8.. start engine.. push and hold the test button until the LED changes to green. Once it does this.. fill tank with straight methanol and your done."

If its not turning to green you may have a pump issue.. OR

" Use the test button on position 8. Light should go green using it. If it doesnt.. dont race the motor. Loose hose/leak is more than likely your problem. Or a bad ground to the PAC controller."

Tank is full now but didn't put any water in it is water used to and or do I use any other additive when filling up alky. I know the smc kit from years ago with my first car they said use a cap full of some lube I bought from them is that still needed

if car is stumbling with test you have alky
is this a recent kit , older kits (pre 2005 i think) dont change red to green as they didnt have the presssure sensing or dual color led

if led doesnt turn green you could have a ground issue with the wire (the one with the loop terminal) at the pump head that signals the green light, find a better ground point
i usually extend that wire to the pass fender since thats where all the battery grounds are

aside from that check that the pac green wire sees 1.6v at key on, if its not connected and seeing 0v holding the test still may not turn the led green and you also wont have alky turnon under boost

Yeah got it going I put her on 8 and pushed the button and she went green so I turned down to like 5 to 6 is lube needed like NY old smc kit from back in the day

How much boost should I run on street with the combo I got its only a single nozzle kit do I need to up grade

You need to watch knock... this is job one. If you get any knock you need to figure out why.. and figure out if its real or false knock. Once this is squared away then proceed to increase boost levels watching knock as 1st concern and air fuel=O2's.. Work up on boost as you have sufficient fuel(O2's) to support what your doing.

Back to the original subject. Place knob on 8, push and hold test button. Single nozzle kit should go red to green and engine stumbles. Leave knob on 8, go for a ride and as soon as kit activates, led should turnon red and go to green immediate.. if so its working and you can back down the control to 6. Now go up on boost and watch for knock and O2's.. The lower the Gain knob, the lazier the system will be building pressure. Example put knob on position 1.. never will go green. If your on position 6, O2's are fine and you see some knock in third gear.. then increase to 6.5 do another run. The idea is to run just enough methanol to stop the knock sensor from registering knock that is from not enough octane in the fuel.

The alky kit cant fix broken motor mounts, loose timing chains, MAF pipes banging on alternator, etc...

Clint.. switch on pump is preset at 50 psi by us when the pumps are built ;)

Awesome I gotta get my o
02s right they're all crazy with the exhaust running right out of down pipe