Recommended tire pressure for MT ET Drags.....

Vader 87

Licensed
I got a pair of MT ET Drags, theyre 26x10x15's....what tire pressure is recommended here. :) TIA Jason

P.S. do i have to get these balanced at a certain place like a race shop or something or can i take'm to the local tire shop???

The perfect number for me is 13psi. I don't ballance the slicks, either. Run as much air as possible to help lower the resistance but 13 is the magic number for mine.

;)
ks

slick pressure

i use either 11 or 12...depending on conditions and temperature. mostly i'll run 12. later...

at 13 psi ill bet they feel pretty loose going through the traps running an 11 second time, or 12 second for that matter.

Nope. Not on mine anyway. I still all the sway bars in tact though. Feels real stable.
With my old Stang, anything slower than 11.5's was VERY SCARY! A 12.0 run felt like a 10 second run because it was all over the damn place!! Image my surprise when I thought it was that sought after 10 second ET and it was only a 12.15! Under strong power it pulled straight and kept tension on the tires.

ks;)

I run 10.5 to 12.5 in mine with tubes and glued to the wheels with no screws with lots of baby powder inside........
Best 60 ft 1.36

Originally posted by geno
I run 10.5 to 12.5 in mine with tubes and glued to the wheels with no screws with lots of baby powder inside........
Best 60 ft 1.36

Hey Gene, dumb question, what's the baby powder for?

powder

if i'm not mistaken i think the powder keeps everything seperated in there. the slicks get hot and stickey...the tube stays seperated from the tire when getting the full burnout treatment. when the tires get hot everything stays nice and uniform for stability. any help on this one? later...

Your right it keeps the tube from sticking to the tire and rubbing holes in the tube when the tire wrinkles or in my case spins on the wheel from not screwing the tire.