rears locking

turbo john FL

ITS ONLY A SIX SHOOTER
ok i installed the s 10 rear wheel cylinders on my 87 gn with new pads harware , new front rotors pads and hoses, rebuilt powermaster. flushed all lines with semi synthetic fluid . i am getting rear wheel lock up with any hard braking . is this common on these with the s 10 cylinders. my car is a every day driver so this is not a good thing . any input will be appreciated
thanks john

Originally posted by turbo john FL
ok i installed the s 10 rear wheel cylinders on my 87 gn with new pads harware , new front rotors pads and hoses, rebuilt powermaster. flushed all lines with semi synthetic fluid . i am getting rear wheel lock up with any hard braking . is this common on these with the s 10 cylinders. my car is a every day driver so this is not a good thing . any input will be appreciated
thanks john

Yes, you increased the clamping force on the back and screwed up the brake bias.

If you're driving this thing every day, then you need to either put your stock wheel cylinders back on, or get an adjustable proportioning valve and rebalance your brakes.

yea i was afraid of that. i followed the posts about running the s 10 cylinders . for better t/c braking. but wondered if this would happen. but wanted to see if i did something else wrong and maybe this worked for guys with the s 10 cyl.
i guess i will have to change them back

You might try a more agressive pad for the fronts, maybe one of the carbon metallic Z rated pads.

actually that is exactly what i am running on the front the z rated pads from autozone. i am thinking of going back to stock rear cyls that was why i was wondering if other people where runnung the s 10 cyl on the sreet and if anyone was having similar problems or if they worked fine for them
thanks john

turbo nasty are you running the s 10 cylinders. and if so on the street??? seems people have done this but i am grabbing real early on the rears. i initialy set them lose but i think the adjusters have tightened them up more .naturally on the wet roads this is not good . if i am easy on the brakes they are fine but if i push into them they lock right up.
thanks john