Racing Seats

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
I am thinking of going with Racing Seats. Has anyone tried to mount the Seats on the GN Tracks, and will that work?
My driver seat is electric and weighs like a Horse...

I had some that I mounted on gm seat tracks.. worked just fine.. .totally depends on the rail mounting width of your new seats. My current car, I used the universal summit racing brackets... they are just barely long enough, but work and look fine... seat is at the right height... again, depends on which seats you go with.

what kind of "racing seats" are you looking at?
something like a Kirkey aluminum road race seat will mount a bit different than the cheapo upholstered knockoff "racing" seats from Summit...

Remember that if you put racing seats in, to be NHRA legal, you are supposed to bolt the back of the seat to the cage. If you put sliders on the bottom, you'll have to create some kind of sliding rear mount for the back, or at least have a mount that bolts in when you race.

Yes I remember.. I would just fix them down without adjustments.

Thanks Mike for reminding me..;)

Mike, what designates a "racing seat" ? if I had stock seats in the car, than no roll cage brace? basically mine are more like stockers but are obviously aftermarket.

I'm not sure there is a definition, but something like a fabricated aluminum kirkey or one of those molded plastic buckets.

it used to read any aftermarket so if it wasn't OE for the car it required bracing,
here's the 2012 rule from general regulations

Attachments

• seat reg general.jpg
    seat reg general.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 238
Last edited: