Racegate VS Deltagate

bsdlinux

Just Another BLACK Car
Turbonetics says a Deltagate is good up to 400HP. I have seen cars on here with more ( alot more ) HP and they run Deltagates.

What gives?? I have a Deltagate now and I am very happy with it. Just wanting to know if there is really a need to upgrade.

Gary

I think the Racegate is larger. If it works just use it until you see creep that can't be controlled. Many ratings are generic and it doesn't make money sense for you to change if it is working.

I have a single Deltagate in my T and a single Racegate in my GN. Years ago, twin Deltagates was the hot ticket before the Racegate came around. Now, 'gate makers build big enough units where you only need one wastegate. Some guys just added a second Deltagate since it was less expensive than buying a new, bigger 'gate, not to mention it would have made their first Deltagate purchase a waste of money.

My T is a mid 11 second car and is fine with the single Deltagate. Turbo size also plays a role in how the 'gate performs. Small 'gates typically have problems with efficiently "gating" big turbos. My Deltagate has no problem handling the Stage 4 turbo I have in the T (which IIRC is comparable to a TE60).

Bottom line, if your Deltagate is working properly, no need to change it.

Thanks for the replys.

Turbonatr - My GN is running times between your GN and your T. I was just seeing if I could push into to the 10s with this DeltaGate. I also currently have a TA-61 and the gate works awesome. Turbo upgrade is coming soon.

I now know what to look for when I suspect the gate is getting too small for my combo.

Thanks for the info. ;)

Sounds like a plan. Like I said, if/when the time comes you can just add another Deltagate if you don't want to switch it all over to go with a Racegate. Most people add the second gate to the crossover, but you can also buy a turbine housing with a provision (flange) built into it. Just bolt the gate to the housing and have a pipe made to route the exhaust down and away from the engine compartment. Be warned, though. The gate with be LOUD when it opens!

Hey Bsdlinux , If your not seeing boost creep with your delta gate then going to the Larger Racegate ,like the one im selling;) is going to be pointless . If your looking for ways to mount it ive had the racegate in a lot of ways . On the crossover, sounds cool but loud and its hanging down under the car (damage posib) and the welds will crack over time , then i had it mounted to a Turbonetics housing , which is really set up for the Deltagate , the waste the port isnt big enough to make use of the Racegate . Then i had it on the stock header blowing out the wheelwell , sort of like on the crossover but not under the car where it could take a shot , up to now on an ATR 3inc Dp which goes back into the exhaust , I think this is the best so far , the hole on the turbo is ported .