question on wastegate

tacordes

well, i've decided to get the car ready for some alky......i have never really messed with adjusting the boost, and i wasnt sure if i should turn the screw in or out for increasing the boost :confused: dahhhhh....... so last night i took the wastegate apart, just to see how it works... and noticed that i need to replace the diaphram in it.......it has a worn spot where the rubber material is almost worn through :eek: .....i need help here... im not sure where to buy this part... when i bought the car it already had a 3 inch down pipe and im not sure what kind of wastegate i have ?????????.. ill try and describe it and see if any of you know what i have ..... here it goes....... the actually piece that enclosed the diaphram is purple with the adjusting screw on top...and it is hooked to the downpipe----hope that helps.....
i have a few aftermaket parts on the car.. and would like to get this thing turned with some alky, its just hard to get the time to play with it.....
ps. id also like to admit.. ive had my buick for over three years now....."traded my 69 camaro with a 427" and still no regrets ....i love my turbo.... :) ;) :D

sounds like a deltagate to me....it's possible it could be the same size as the one atr sells.... so give them a call .....they should have the rebuild kit for it ...if its the same :D

actually ...i need more info....is there a wastegate rod that is hooked to the downpipe...is that what you mean by the end is hooked to the downpipe?? or do you mean there is a smaller pipe running from the bottom of the wastegate back into the downpipe....?