Question about classic FAST

Steve

I remember reading that some items don't work when using a classic FAST and I wanted to see if I could get some more info. I remember reading that there is some sort of work around needed for the A/C signal when using a classic FAST and I think there was an issue with the knock signal also. Am I correct on these items and are there any other I should consider? Any differences when using a B2B or sequential box? Thanks!

I remember reading that some items don't work when using a classic FAST and I wanted to see if I could get some more info. I remember reading that there is some sort of work around needed for the A/C signal when using a classic FAST and I think there was an issue with the knock signal also. Am I correct on these items and are there any other I should consider? Any differences when using a B2B or sequential box? Thanks!

it depends on how the the box was configured when purchased originally. Some sequential systems did not have esc, while others gave up nitrous controls. There is something that i remember reading about the a/c but i cant recall the details right now. Best bet would be to post up the serial number to see its configuration.

I have bank to bank classic Fast, with a harness adaptor from White brothers? Connects factory harnes to FAST,my A/C works fine.

the a/c is not controlled by classic
the stock setup grounds the ac clutch relay on passenger fender and is able to disconnect that ground at WOT
so to have AC work using stock harness you need to provide the ground for the clutch relay either with a ground wire at the relay or at the ecm plug at pin A2
if you want it to disconnect at WOT you could install a hobbs switch to cut the ground connection above a certain PSi

classic sequential wont have TCC control of the (lockup converter ) so if you have a lockup converter youll need to find a way to engage when you want it
a simple switch at pin F at aldl (the gm diagnostic connector under radio) to ground works

B2B boxes would have the esc , but depending on options a sequential may not have ESC

really not much difference in B2b vs sequential , sequential will idle smoother and a little quieter on the injector clicking
sequential can also have optional individual cylinder spark and fueling adjustment , b2b wont do individual
i have sequential w/ individual cyl in my 86 and dont use the individual control and it does seem to have esc, it will records and show timing drop if knock is detected but i never verified the timing is actually retarded .