Pump Gas Run with a 10.80 Vette

DarkForce

I've got a tuff run in about 3 weeks against a 10.80 (130 mph and 618 rwhp)vette - it's a Z06 with Cartek heads & cam, exhaust, cold air induction and a 200 RW shot of NOS. The deal is we have to run on pump gas, 91 / 100 octane. Apparently he's been shooting off his mouth about how no car especially a GN can beat him.

My main concern is pushing the engine real hard on pump gas. If any of you have any gct files that support the following configuration at a high level of performance or have run across a trick or two, feel free to throw it out here. With and without alcohol scenarios would be helpful.

The basic engine configuration is: S2 4.1 on-center 276, solid roller cam, M&A ported heads, BGC intake, 83# injectors, T76 Q-trim .82 BB turbo, 373 gears w/ 28" HQTPs, which is run through the exhaust.

A lot is riding on this race and it's truly one of those winner takes all. We really don't want to lose this one guys. This is one challenge I wouldn't miss for the world!!!!

So what have you been running on pump gas? With my car which is almost an exact combo as yours but without the ball bearing turbo I went 10.6@138 on ET streets and pure pump gas at 15 pounds of boost in a 3700 pound car. Very easy at only the third trip to the track on the combo. I can send you my file, but there won't be any magic in it. 11.5 to 1 A/F and 23 degrees timing.
greg
Arlington, texas