pulling to the right

GNS-FLY

:confused: I put a new master cylinder on my 87 gn and I bled the system according to the directions. The car pulls to the right when the brakes are applied. I narrowed it down the the right front caliper. So I replaced it with a new loaded caliper and still the same thing. I don't know what it is. The rim also gets warmer than all the others when I take it for a joy ride even when Im not using the brakes. Could it be a collasped brake hose or improper bleeding of the power master. I open to any suggestions. Help thanks:(

Unequal tire pressure? You sure all the bolts on your upper and lower control arms are tight.? Now would be a good time to look.

How old is the brake hose. When they get old, they tend to close off, and don't let the brake fluid return. That can cause it to hang up. Every once in a while, I replace mine just for the heck of it.

Brian

To Brian

The brake hoses on the car a original. The car is all original except the power master,rf caliper,tires and the battery. I also checked the A arms and they are tight. The car drives great and the brakes are very strong but the pull will about put you in the ditch when braking above 40. I will try to get a hose on it but I was thinking maby I messed up when bleeding the new power master. Thanks for the help.:)

Justin

If the hoses are original, then replace them both. They have to be in rough shape. Even if it's not the problem, it is still better to be safe than sorry, and you don't want to replace one and then have to do the other later, because you'll have to bleed them again. So, after you replace them, bleed them, bleed them, and bleed them again. I had this problem with my GN years ago, and didn't believe my mechanic when he told me that this could be the problem. As usual, the guy that had been doing it for decades knew more than me, even though I had been fixing brakes for at least 5 or 6 years. Good Luck.

Brian

Look at the brake components on the left side

If a car pulls to one side....I inspect the brake system on the other side, it usually is not braking as much as the side that pulls....Just a thought :)

Thanx

I have the brake hoses but I can't put them on for about 3 weeks. I am doing some painting on it so I do can do well in the buick car show in elkhorn wisconsin aug 1st. I will reply when I get them on. Thanks for the help I very much appreciate it.:D

justin