** Project help **

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
Okay, lets say I have a prospect for a project TTA.

This car (a TTA) comes somewhat complete. What it doesn't have is a TTA Gauge cluster.

I know it's a TTA. I have confirmed it.

My question is this:

Can I use a regular GTA gauge cluster from an 89? I know it won't have a BOOST GAUGE.

But, will it work without ANY other mods????

The cluster from a GTA will work and you can just use a external boost gauge from Autometer or similar.

You will see a guage cluster for sale about once a year here on the board, good luck. Thanks for your willingness to resurrect a real TTA :)

Tach wont work from a V8 car need a 6 cylinder tach dont know whatelse will work though. Yes it will physically bolt in will it plug into the harness, no.

Correct you would need the V6 tach. I see no reason why it would not connect properly to the wireharness. The Turbo Gauge is a seperate / additional 2 pin connector on the TTA but the rest is standard.

I'll see if I can have a look at the schematics this weekend but I'm 99% sure it will just bolt in place and work fine.

I am interested in this as well since I am going from a V8 to a 87 GN engine in my thirdgen. Wondering I have to look for an 89 TTA cluster or a V6 cluster.

I bought my old TTA(#861)missing a cluster, and while I borrowed a cluster from one of my other cars during the time I had it I sold it with a regular 89 GTA cluster in it. Everything aside from the tach worked. The person who bought it from me was a freind and I think he tried a V6 tach and it didnt work either. He has sold the car scince then and I have lost track of it so I dont know if it was ever made to work.

You will find a cluster either on here or ebay once and a while, I've personally picked up a few on ebay over the last few years and have seen others that I havent bid on up there too. With some time you can find one.

HTH,
Steve