Precision intercooler mounting

bluegate

Is there a better way to mount their stock location intercooler, rather than hanging on the water pump bolts?
20161023_151258.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I made a simple aluminum bracket that bolts to the 2 bolts on the turbo cover support., upside down L shaped. Made a card board one first to get length needed and to determine hole positions.

Cool, thanks

Good luck. My engine builder fabricated the driver's side bracket so I could adjust accordingly. The passenger side bracket cracked, so he fabricated another up. However, it still used the bolt through front cover. Good luck and if you do come up with one of your please post it.

Will do. Im waiting for a new cover to come in now. Ill be able to take a closer look when i get the engine back together.

I made a simple aluminum bracket that bolts to the 2 bolts on the turbo cover support., upside down L shaped. Made a card board one first to get length needed and to determine hole positions.
I managed to get the motor done and just about ready to go back in. Looked at this tonight and beleive your way is the next best option. Do you get much movement front to back? It seems the original bracket is more for that than it is holding the weight of the ic. Im sure they have sold alot of them and not many people chimed in on this thread, so i maybe its not worth recreating the wheel....

I managed to get the motor done and just about ready to go back in. Looked at this tonight and beleive your way is the next best option. Do you get much movement front to back? It seems the original bracket is more for that than it is holding the weight of the ic. Im sure they have sold alot of them and not many people chimed in on this thread, so i maybe its not worth recreating the wheel....

It was a good solid mounting, no movement I could detect

Ended up going with a stud. I bought a 5" and made it work by shaving a washers width off the water pump boss. I'd go with a 6" the next time I'm jacking with it.
207433ab7f62ae83cd3590223090e658.jpg
ac4271874d9ad2c154703e0d8fe426e9.jpg

It's not no issues with the ones I have seen.just some coolant fun on the install

It's not no issues with the ones I have seen.just some coolant fun on the install
I just installed my precision stock location I/c. My issue is the I/c shroud is against my stock location fan relay (I think that's what it is. It's the white rectangle thing on back side of stock fan shroud.) anyone else have that issue?

I just installed my precision stock location I/c. My issue is the I/c shroud is against my stock location fan relay (I think that's what it is. It's the white rectangle thing on back side of stock fan shroud.) anyone else have that issue?
You should be able to move that resistor a little so it don’t hit. They do break easy so you don’t want it rub the shroud. It should adjust in its holder if I remember right.