Power to Fixed Help Needed

SpeedRacerX

Why is everything so hard on this car? LOL.

Can someone, for the love of God, tell me how this factory antenna lead section comes apart? I've pushed, pulled and twisted in every combination and it won't come apart. It should.....I think.

20160312_163948_zpsvo0y56c4.jpg

Once apart, it may enable me to plug in the lead from my aftermarket fixed mast right at that point without having me run the new lead all the way to the back of the radio. Here's the lead from the Fixed antenna kit.

20160312_164409_zpshywlmaqf.jpg

Which brings up another question. Why can't I see where the factory antenna lead comes into the cabin and the back of the stereo? I see it go down toward the fire wall and that's it. I've been under the dash, I've taken off the computer, I've taken off the under dash passenger side plastic cover, I've taken off the glove compartment and I still can't see where this lead runs.

If I can't either a) plug the new lead into that factory connector in the first picture or b) find a way to get the new lead all the way to the radio; I may just end up buying the new power antenna that Kirban and Highway Stars now sell.

This antenna stuff is a joke.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thx.

Bump. Can anyone tell me how that antenna lead comes apart?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure it's just a push in type connection. I've never seen one that wasn't.

Apply a little PB blaster and let it sit overnight. Since the spade end should just slip right in, I suppose two vise grips and a little pull/ twist shouldn't hurt to get them to come apart?!

I'm pretty sure it's just a push in type connection. I've never seen one that wasn't.

Apply a little PB blaster and let it sit overnight. Since the spade end should just slip right in, I suppose two vise grips and a little pull/ twist shouldn't hurt to get them to come apart?!

Thanks, I'll try that.

For the lead entering the car, open the passenger door and look into the gap of the door and fender area. It enters there via a larger rubber grommet.

That connector is tough to get apart, I don't think it was intended to. Pull back the rubber boot a little. There are three small tabs that spring out to prevent it from coming apart. Basically it is an assembly aid for the line. Just push the connectors together and done.

I have been able to use a hobby xacto with the pointy blade to push the tabs back in. The issue is once one tab is past the catch ring it is tough to prevent it from going back as you tackle the other two tabs. Perseverance and patience is required.

RemoveBeforeFlight