porting and polishing heads cost?

blackgn231

Money pit
What is the normal cost to a set of stock heads? Anyone in fl know any good shops or any that I could send them too?

What is the normal cost to a set of stock heads? Anyone in fl know any good shops or any that I could send them too?

Champion Racing Heads. They have a CNC program for the heads. 386-446-4488 Ask for Tom. About $1249 for the heads and $299 exchange for the intake. Heads come 100% reconditioned and ready to bolt on. 1.77/1.50 stainless Ferrea valves, new guides, resurfaced and your choice of spring roller or flat cam. You will be upgrading the injectors after bolting on those heads. Id go for a thinner steel head gasket to bump the compression up a little.

knperformance- 'Khai', he is a board member, out of north Carolina- send him a pm, does great work and is very reasonable.

:)

knperformance- 'Khai', he is a board member, out of north Carolina- send him a pm, does great work and is very reasonable.

My experience has been it is almost a wash to have your own heads ported vs. purchasing them from a vendor already to bolt on.
Is this an exception to the rule? I mean after paying shipping both directions and the port and polish work?

My experience has been it is almost a wash to have your own heads ported vs. purchasing them from a vendor already to bolt on.
Is this an exception to the rule? I mean after paying shipping both directions and the port and polish work?

Yep.
After the machine shop was done with me - I thought, I should have just got some AL heads.

I used knperformance and he picked up the shipping on the heads and there was no core charge. I kept my original heads and i shipped him my intake and doghouse for porting. Im happy w/ his product. everything(stock size valves) ported and polished was under 1k.:biggrin:

Porting

The Porting is only a piece of the cost. In most cases we need the complete service done, valve guides, seats, back cut, springs, seals, etc. I am in No. Va. if anyone needs service.

I am also a happy camper with my little Buddy's port work. the firebird in my sig says it all. heads come completely serviced ready to run some 9's.;)

wasnt there an online site you could get like 3 different levels of ported heads from a while back ? i cant remeber what place it was...