PM Intermittent Failure. Time for Deal with It!

SpeedRacerX

So, the PM has stopped working on me a few times over the last year, usually on start-up but once or twice when driving. I knew I was on borrowed time. Yesterday, my son and I decide to take a cruise for the 4th of July and sure enough, I start the car, hard pedal, brakes are not working. Car is sound otherwise.

I think it's time to address this. I can't risk a failure at higher speeds.

I guess I'll be spending hours and hours here with the SEARCH function.

I know my options will be 1) Rebuilt Power Master, 2) switch to a Vacuum Setup or 3) go Hydro Boost.

For those who went Vacuum setup and with a somewhat-modified car like mine, do you also run a separate Vacuum Canister???

Now, I'm thinking about upgrading brakes at the same time. Very costly. Not happy.

Vacuum brake user here. I bought the car with vacuum brakes installed already. Has been good so far.
I did not have a factory vacuum canister when I got the car and it braked fine. I added the canister later so the other vacuum stuff (AC, cruise control) worked reliably.
Car is modified as much if not more than yours.

Hope this helps.

Just finished a vacuum swap this weekend. Got a dbl. diaphram booster from NAPA, and welded a new 7/16" pin on the pedal per earlbrown instructions. I have a 210/215 cam and seems to work great. About $150.00 for the job. Right now I have it running off the pcv line until the TTA vacuum block and rjc pcv valve comes in. Worst part is getting the pedal in and out. I didn't want to take the steering column out so i took the seat out and laid upside down.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk