Please take a look

poppy1440

Hello, this car was converted to e85 by the previous owner and I have been having a lean issue so I dropped the tank and checked the connections to the pumps, hanger etc.
I noticed that he upgraded the supply line but not the return line. From reading it seems that the return line should have been changed also. Please take a look the pictures and tell me what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
A few questions first:

1) what did the fuel pumps and the fuel filter socks in the tank look like?

2) What kind of fuel filters are you running?

3) I can't really tell from the photo, but are the new fuel lines both rubber?

4) When you say you have a "lean issue" could you please elaborate and be more specific?

My first guess is that somewhere a fuel filter may be clogged and causing a reduction in fuel flow and also an increase in fuel pressure, thus causing the pumps to flow less.

...but that is my "shot in the dark" guess..

The fuel pumps connectors and socks looked fine. One thing I did find was that the oring that seals the tank had fallen down on top of the sending unit.
I am running the Napa fuel filter recommended from this forum.
Yes both lines are rubber. The line going to the bottom of the fuel pressure regulator is the new line, The other line has only been changed that little distance about 8 inches where it goes from the metal line near the tank to where it goes into the frame.

AM I CORRECT WITH THINKING THAT THE LINE GOING TO THE BOTTOM OF THE REGULATOR AS THE SUPPLY LINE.

I am saying I am going lean because of this log file.

Attachments

• 2-9-17wot.dat
    123 KB · Views: 72
What average air/fuel ratio are you seeing at full throttle, in that log? What is your target air/fuel ratio?

The line at the bottom of the regulator is the return line.

ok, well it looks like they did upgrade the return line.

I was also having an issue with my ignition. I will be installing a TR6 on it this weekend.

Thanks for the help. I get back to you guys when I get the ignition issue fixed and post a new log