Pioneer CD player install- no music playing??

griz_83ho

just installed a DEH-p3600 unit in my turbo buick and trying to figure out why it turns on just fine and shows its playing the radio as well as a cd but no sound is coming out. Any idea on what wiring is wrong?
As always appreciate the help .

You need to recheck the new radio wring to correspond with the PDF radio diagram print

Attachments

• Radio Diagram Print.pdf
    13.4 MB · Views: 48
Do you have a multimeter? You can eliminate the ignition, constant, and ground wire if it is turning on like you say. Just put your multimeter too ohms and check the impedance of each set of speaker wires. You should see 4 ohms (give or take) per speaker.

I would pull it out the dash but leave it wired and take a known good speaker and test each output, if it still doesn't work send it back. are you using a amp ?

Try another radio if you have one. I had a head unit that was installed incorrectly and blew the onboard amplifier that did the same thing. The RCA's on the radio still worked as my subs would still play, but no speakers inside worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check for the speakers grounded to the body. Ohm check each speaker lead to chassis ground. Should be OL on the dvom. Any short to ground will kill output to all speakers powered by the internal amplifier.