Pick my injectors and chip combo - PT2

Pick my chip! (with or without ECM conversion)

• Jay Carter

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Red Armstrong

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Joe Lubrant

• MM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Translator plus / Extender

• Kenne Bell (ha! just kidding!)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • MaxEffort

• Jim Testa

• Total voters

mike85gn

Get Bent!
Chip time! Let's hear 'em boys! I have something thought out, but again, I must listen to the voice of reason. Vote for who, but some advise/experiences below would be nice.

***ECM Conversion is a possibility***

Convert your ECM. It's relatively cheap, gives you access to ScanMaster, Direct Scan, and more data on T'link. You're online a lot; might want to consider asking Testa to burn you a chip because a hotair conversion chip will almost certainly require a couple of iterations to get right and Jim answers his email...even though sometimes we wish he'd shut up! :D

Translator plus...

Convert to the '87 ecm first...

You can get by with the stock '87 chip until you have the $$$ to upgrade to something with more adjustment. You will get all sorts of commentary from folks regarding their favorite chip guru... There is only one chip maker that can develop you something that works for the Hot-Air Combo and that is
Red Armstrong - as for the rest... they are just guessing.

If you don't want to send a chip back a couple times you need something you can adjust and set up yourself.

Vendor Listing at www.gnttype.org

Look at the Vendor listing... phone number is located there.

convert your ecm and go with a trans+/extender.i like mine:).

the fuel/timing adjustability is cool.

my second vote would be a 16 pos. maxeffort.

later,sean

I BELEAVE SWITCHING TO THE 87' ECM IS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.MY 85' WITH STOCK ECM WILL RUN MID 12'! I RUN A PIT BULL CHIP FROM A.T.R. SET FOR 30 LB. INJ. WORKS FOR ME.HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO ?;)

waste of time, 10 minutes.. money.. $15..

i would get more data on t-link now, if i even had it.. oh yea.. now I can use direct scan too.. i think that is worth $15

I was told by Red that there are really only two chips for the 84.
I'm sure thinking about going 87 ecm. Who's a good vendor for the trans+?