Passenger power seat 87 GN

jim0207

INVNO1
Got a passenger power seat from a fisher body car. Modified the mounting hardware. Ran #10 gauge wire back to the drivers power seat connector under the dash. Painted the trim parts. Installed the seat for the last time. Many hours of patience and care went into this project. If I may ask who else has a passenger power seat in their GN's and TR's?

Attachments

• passenger power seat 002.jpg
    passenger power seat 002.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 319
  • passenger power seat 003.jpg
    passenger power seat 003.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 295
  • passenger power seat 008.jpg
    passenger power seat 008.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 300
  • passenger power seat 010.jpg
    passenger power seat 010.jpg
    559.3 KB · Views: 299
  • passenger power seat 013.jpg
    passenger power seat 013.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 294
  • passenger power seat 016.jpg
    passenger power seat 016.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
I put one in my last Gn.I used the driver side track an flipped the switch to the other side.than 180 the plug. Work like a charm.
G body sells the trim for passenger side.

I did this project 12 or 13 yrs ago. It was challenging to get the parts needed but the result was very satifying. Looks and works just as if it came from the factory had this option been actually available for a GN. Did substantial research for a yr or 2 before doing it. The trim piece and 10 gauge wire was from a salvage yard Cimarron. The wire plugged directly into the junction block under the dash on the driver side for power just like the driver seat. Certain pairs of wires had to be flipped around so the seat moves as it should for the passenger side. It was one of the crazier projects I did but it impressed those who didn't know it was a pure retrofit with OE parts.