Paging Audiowizard

Vigor 87GN

Got a question about a custom box. I have a Jensen Band pass, plexy glass face plated box. with two sony expload 10" subs in place of the not-so-hot jensens. The box is great, just that i can get it to fit where the trunk comes over a little bit. i wanted to put it on the higher ledge between the 6x9's but it wouldnt fit in the heigh department. or width department.

Im interested in building a custom box to fit there to hold two 10" subs but if thats not possible ill settle for one 10" and just get a JL subwoofer :)

My main question is... is it possible to fit two 10" subs there. Or only one. if either is possible do you have any dimmensions to build a custom box?

any help would be appreciated (tired of the box moving all around in the trunk) thanks once again - russ

box dimensions

Russ,

I may be selling my sub enclosure. Which does fit snuggly on the rear deck shelf of the trunk, though I'm uncertain of your 6x9s would clear it.

But, yes, two 10" subs could be made to fit up there.

you could fit 3 maybe even 4 10's there...they would be small airspace, but it could be done. You could also fit 2 12's or maybe 2 15's if you got creative...just about anything is possible....how deep are ur pockets? lol

Are you still wanting to retain a bandpass setup? If so then probably 2 10's would still fit if their required airspace is small enough.

Dan, be sure to let me know whats up with the box. did you have the stock 4x10 speakers while using this box or after market 6x9's. it should work with my current setup email me with details fastgn@aol.com

mcss383, i was hoping to keep the band pass option. i was gonna try to move the band pass port holes up to the rear deck for a better in car bass sound. i hear this is problably the best way to get the most bass out of a g-body. let me know if you have any input any help would be appreciated

thanks - russ

oh yeah, porting a bandpass into the cab is THE best way to get bass with any car. 2-10's shouldn't be a problem maybe 12's will fit too...

Sorry I didnt respond quick enough but darkfa8 and mcss383 gave you the same answers that I would have given you. If you want a custom woofer cabinet, just give me all your rear deck measurements and I can custom build whatever you want. If you look at Scott4DMny's cabinet, its built with optimized air space and room to clear his 5 x 7s. It will be easier with 10" subs if thats what you want to go with.

I could have built Scotts with the 12" subs in a "V" shape to clear his 5 x 7s but I would have had to build the cabinet farther back to make up air space and that would have made for a long and wide cabinet and lost trunk space.

Thanks audiowizard. Do you have any pictures of scott's box, im really interested in you building me a custom box. any idea's on an average price for doing so. im gonna stick with my two 10" since i already have them, and i like the sony exploads (no im not smoking crack lol). be sure to let me know any information.
thanks once again - russ

Click on Heres a "new and improved" pic on this page and you will see the cabinet. This one is a basic MDF sealed enclosure which is mild compared to the other customs that I have built. I am getting ready to ship this one out to Scott. Let me know what you want and I can build it for you.