Over 30lb boost on E85?

trashmechlv

Anybody running boost over 30lb on E85? Looking for actual experience. What kind of timing are you running in 3rd gear? I know all combos are different. Looking for general reference. Thanks

I've seen/have some logs from real fast cars and the timing was much less than a 116 tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16-17 degrees here. depends on the turbo / combo.
small turbo on a stock motor not making a lot of power? you could run more advance.
high backpressure? gonna need less advance.

Wow I didnt think I was going to hear timing that high at high boost.

Its very dependent on combination and the quality of E85 .. The devil is in the details.. All depends on what the car likes and what the overall combination is .. Some will only tolerate 22 .. Just as a reference on the same car i ran c16 @ 26

I was running 38 psi & 24* deg.'s on my white T which ran 9.3's @ 144. Fuel always tested 88% on every race day. Car ran on a stock ECM with Eric's S/D chip setup.
Wow! Thats some boost and timing. Im going to be running at track this friday with my new Bison 6465. Im at about 32lb boost with 19 timing. Going to tune from there.

I was running 38 psi & 24* deg.'s on my white T which ran 9.3's @ 144. Fuel always tested 88% on every race day. Car ran on a stock ECM with Eric's S/D chip setup.
:eek:Forgive me for asking what might be considered a dumb question. I don't use E-85 yet so I would like to know this.
Since E-85 is available at the pump, does this mean you leave this tune and boost exactly the same when you decide to go out for a daily cruise? For example, I drive my car every day in the same trim and what was tuned at the track, aside from my constant tinkering with little things. There's no reason to change it because it was run on pump gas.

Just trying to get a handle on what my peers are doing these days and the whole 38PSI thing.:)

I leave my tune the same. Just need to test the e85 to make sure its "85 %". It can vary from station to station and sometimes places have winter blend with lower content. But I cant speak for 38psi

Local guy has an MR2 with a Honda K20 swap. He runs 41 lbs of boost on E-85. I know its a lot different engine but he still made 921hp to the wheels.

:eek:Forgive me for asking what might be considered a dumb question. I don't use E-85 yet so I would like to know this.
Since E-85 is available at the pump, does this mean you leave this tune and boost exactly the same when you decide to go out for a daily cruise? For example, I drive my car every day in the same trim and what was tuned at the track, aside from my constant tinkering with little things. There's no reason to change it because it was run on pump gas.

Just trying to get a handle on what my peers are doing these days and the whole 38PSI thing.:)

My white T which i don't have anymore cause i sold it. It was more of a race car, but i did drive around, to the track, shows & meets at times. Really that car i knew it so well inside & out. I was able to adjust a lot on that car like boost, timing, a/f & etc... depending on how the day was & track was as well.

Local guy has an MR2 with a Honda K20 swap. He runs 41 lbs of boost on E-85. I know its a lot different engine but he still made 921hp to the wheels.
I believe it, i've ran my car to 41 psi & a small shot of nitrous as well. You can look up a video on YouTube as Gabby Rojas & you will see many videos & there's one of me doing some testing on some back roads lol