out for a rip, no brakes

Jas

hydroboost Baer ss4 front brake kit; the pads have been squeeling like crazy and the rims have been getting up to 90C. This has not been to worrying to me since I've read online these things squeel plus 90C is not bad. Pads are fine, and it dosent seem to be locking up. So anyhow I was out for A rip with a buddy and my brakes started to make there usual gut wrenching when they get warm; didn't think anything of it. After cruising for about 10mins some kid ran a stop sign in his civic si, (no respect) I had to step on the brakes pretty hard. After this I sped up abit and realized NO BRAKES!@*&$# my buddy is laughing his ass off cause he thinks im joking. I safely coast down into a parking lot; thanking the turbo gods for no reds. I pull over and see my center caps have melted off in both the fronts. Anything obvs it could be or is it a number of things, who knows?

wow.

very lucky

Do you torque your lug nuts on?

That could have an effect but not at this level.

D

M/c to hb pin too long, pedal to h/b no free play, etc....The m/c piston is not fully retracting, releasing the pressure. Just a bit of excessive drag, and you can see what happens.

Reactions: Jas
I recently had the two front center caps off and didnt torque the lugs to spec, that defs didnt help. Thanks man, couldn't of happend at a better time.

I recently had the two front center caps off and didnt torque the lugs to spec, that defs didnt help. Thanks man, couldn't of happend at a better time.
Lugs under torqued may cause issues with the studs, but I seriously doubt it had anything to do w/ this.
Were the rotors off recently, and over tightened? A tite brg will do this, too.

Jack up wheel, feel the drag. If the wheels are getting that hot there def should be a lot of drag. Crack the bleeder to see if you have a hydraulic problem, or a mechanical problem. Unlikely to have a mechanical problem on both sides unless its an assebly error. I doubt you have 2 calipers with stuck pistons.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Pin to master cylinder needs to be checked for sure

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Pin to master cylinder needs to be checked for sure

We have installed 5 hb's, all with Wilwood m/c's on them. The m/c comes with an alum plug, that instructions say has to be fitted, to avoid exactly this issue.
AIRC, all 5 had to have the plug "adjusted".
Easy way to check, loosen the m/c retaining nuts, add a thin ft end shim.

I didn't use the plug on mine. I'd rather have slop in the pedal then worry about it pushing the cylinder slightly