OTC2000 help!

ok guys need help i dont know wats going on i get the system on and going ok i punch in mode 01 which on the mode list is for rpm/battery voltage but it only shows rpm how do i get to the battery voltage reading as it also is mode 01 ? or even if i punch in 08 its so soppose to display rpm/TPS according to the mode list but it only shows rpm? the other thing most important to me now is i really have been wanting to adjust my tps and iac the problem is wen i go to punch mode 26 iac counts or 41 tps it says unused ? y does it do that how am i soppose to adjust wen i cant get these 2 readings? any help

Do you have the instruction manual for the 2000?If you don't, I have an extra copy let me know if you wan't it.Jake

Ok, have you been able to get to ROAD MODE yet? (There's a red light on the scan tool marked ROAD when activated).

If not, try this sequence for ROAD MODE with the 1991 Domestic 3 in 1 cartridge:
Engine running at idle.
Model year: 1985
VIN #: 9
Engine: 2 (3.8 V-6)
Select Mode: 01 (RPM @1000)
Now try: F1, 4, 9 (This is for the 3 in 1 cartridge only)
The display should now read true idle RPM and Battery voltage also the ROAD light should be lit.

Try that and get back to us, sorry I don't have the manual for your `89 3-way cartridge, but someone out there might...

-Jimmy

sorry i havent responded been hectic around here jimmy i will try wat u suggested i think i took it off road mode to begin with cuz i was having that if problem already but tommorow my day off i will get it back into road mode and try wat u said i will keep u posted jimmy thanx for the help n time jimmy by the way nice pic your interior looks clean from wat i can see oh and i dont believe i have the booklet i need for the catridge i have

ok jimmy i just tried the F1 , 4, 9 and yea that did put me into road mode which also displays in red on the control but it still doesnt show the 2 readings only rpm another thing too on the controller it has another red lite that displays p/n rite above road not sure wat that means? and i also tried punching in mode 26 and 41 and it still reads unused

hey jake this is the only instruction manual that i have in the pic below is the manual u have different than what i have now?

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 182
There may be differences in the 84/85 computer vs. my 86/87 i.e, modes available on mine but not on yours.
P/N indicates car is in Park or Neutral.
Try the Road Mode while the car is running in park to get the second readout.
Mode 26 (IAC counts) is unused on mine also, Mode 41 (TPS) works fine.
Try Mode 8 (RPM/TPS) and Mode 15 (Coolant temp/IAC) if you do get to the second readout.

Looks like you need Jakes' manual :)

-Jimmy

looks like i need to mess with this thing to get that second readout if i can figure how to switch over to it displaying the 2 readout i should b good

hey jake this is the only instruction manual that i have in the pic below is the manual u have different than what i have now?

NO, That is not the manual I have. The one I have has a pic of the scanner on the cover. PM me your address,It's my gift to you.

PS I have been following this thread and I have learned about the rpm increase since I been using the scanner.I been having high rpm's I thought I had vacuum leak .From now on it's going to be on ROAD MODE !

hey thanx alot jake much appreciated yea u know there is alot of info to read and learn the great part is wen u get guys like jimmy n dave that r willing to share the knowledge like they have been its still a pain with this problem but i have alot of progress and know more than now than i did day 1 ill keep u guys posted on any progress or problems i come across

ok back for more answers i stopped messing with the monitor due to a exhausr and oil leak i was chasing but all is good now so i hooked up the otc today and i have the p/n, road and lean red lights on so after about 5-7 minutes of the car idling and warming up it still in a lean state wen i rev it the rich lights up but then goes back to lean my question is shouldnt the car be going into closed loop after proper warm up?

ok back for more answers i stopped messing with the monitor due to a exhausr and oil leak i was chasing but all is good now so i hooked up the otc today and i have the p/n, road and lean red lights on so after about 5-7 minutes of the car idling and warming up it still in a lean state wen i rev it the rich lights up but then goes back to lean my question is shouldnt the car be going into closed loop after proper warm up?

After warm up about 160*ish it should got into closed loop.The otc should go from lean to rich back and forth to stay with in.

good to hear from u again...thats what i figured i remember it jumping back and forth from lean to rich and going into closed loop after warm up but thiis last time it didnt maybe ill have to let it run longer?

good to hear from u again...thats what i figured i remember it jumping back and forth from lean to rich and going into closed loop after warm up but thiis last time it didnt maybe ill have to let it run longer?

Always make sure your sensors are in good shape specially the temp and o2. They are very cheep temp 14$ and o2 25$.