ORSCA Welcomes Buick racers!!

Dusty Bradford

Guys. I've been pushing our organization to set some rules that will allow Buick guys another option to race. After several failed attempts some rule changes were made today that will allow Buicks with stock ecms or aftermarket EFI systems to compete in a pump gas driver class. The class is called Hot Street and will be run at all ORSCA events this year.

It's basically a 25 mile cruise and you will run a spec fuel. Turbo's are limited to a T4 76 or twin 58's. It's built to be a mid to low 6 second 1/8 class which can be ran by a TSM or TSO style car. Anyone who wants to compete is welcome. Come out and watch some of the best heads up racing and compete in something other than a class where you have to beat each other up. Other classes will be Automatice Pro-Mod, Outlaw 10.5, Limited Street, EZ Street, Modified Street and now Hot Street. Rules are posted here. You can look around the site and see the schedule.

OutlawRacing.com > THE RULE BOOKS > HOT STREET RULES

I felt if they let aftermarket ecm's in this class, we could get some Buick guys out to race. I hope to see some show up.

Your car will be fine as long as you have A 76 your car will make wight easy .
got to tune your car for 100 octane . Got to run 275/60 DR .

It's set up for more of a street car class. They are limiting octane to try and keep the cars in a desirable et range. The 76's are also limited to a T4 flange.

We're trying to put something together at the new I-22 track here in Alabama. Cars would also be limited to a T4 76 at #3550 but we're trying to build a class that draws enough cars to pay at least $1500. TSM cars can run at 3400#