open exhaust

TTANut

Last time I asked about o2 sensors, it was mentioned that running with open exhaust helps to lower et's in the 1/4 mile. Does open exhaust mean no catalitic converter with a test pipe installed, or does it mean a test pipe installed with a wye flange on the test pipe to run open exhaust that does not go through the mufflers? Thanks for any responses. ttanut.

I believe ATR sells them or next step up is the down pipe like a Terry Houston one.On my THDP I opted for the cutout.

Razor, how much faster does your car run the 1/4 mile when running open exhaust out the test pipe, as compared to when you run the exhaust through the mufflers? Also, what mods do you have, and what gas do you run? ttanut.

Well I started backwards on the mods.I did the THDP and SSM connects first....Ive had the car for two months and only three passes so far.On street tires thursday nite it went 13.05 @ 105.
with a 2.06 60 foot.85 degrees.

Not very impressive but its pretty much all stock.I have a thrasher 92 chip,160 stat,havent done the FPR yet.

I bought the DP with the intent of future planning in which I'll need it for sure.

So how does it compare capped up vs open...I dont have the data yet to say honestly.It does tho seem faster opened up.But havent done enough runs to really know,yet...

It at the least is one of those it cant hurt.And on these cars...every little bit counts

I picked up 2-3mph with a Dump vs running through the stock exhaust. The stock exhaust SUCKS.

Also, with the cap off the dump the thing spool FFFAAAASSSTTT.

Thanks Mike. I was wondering where you were. Thought you might be on vacation or something.
I am still working on dialing in the car with vp 103. I have read that with the stock turbo, a strip chip must have a lot of timimng in it to run fast. I am currently running a Red 93, and am considering going to a Red 98. What is your experience with the best performance chip with motor octane of 99? Thanks. ttanut.
By the way, 2 weeks ago at the track I ran a 13 flat in the 1/4 mile. I still need the torque converter lock up switch, vent the engine, and plug the hot water inlet to the throttle body, all like you suggested. THEN, hopfully low 12"s.;)