one or two MAP sensors with ALKY and XFI

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
I have an ALKY system. I also just bought a new XFI system. The ALKY system used to use the TPS harness as well as a MAP sensor which I added in the bay since it was an 84 conversion. I have the caspers adapter for the MAP sensor to be added into the cab. Do I eliminate the MAP sensor in the engine bay now? I have been reading on some threads but it is a little grey with some similar situations.

It appears I can eliminate all harness that use the TPS for the signal voltage and pick up the signal right off the MAP sensor harness on the Caspers adapter/box?? If so does anyone know the color of the wire to tap from?

i only run one ,
the center pin(b) is signal ..usually green , grey is the 5v and black ground

Just make certain you have good connections on that green wire especially. Soldering does not hurt either.

Both the XFI and your alky kit rely on that signal wire heavily.

I don't recommend putting the MAP sensor under the dash, the high pitch whine coming from the boost hose to the MAP still drives me nuts. Keep it under the hood.

so now i am seeing things or I am more Polish than my last name indicates. I bought the caspers 108119 MAP adapter plug in for XFI. This allows you to piggy back the factory harness under the dash. Or I am missing something or wiring was cut. However...I do have a MAP sensor and wiring under the hood??? Do these cars have TWO MAP sensors? I have a brand new 87 engine wiring harness from caspers, so it's not like it would have a MAP sensor lead in the engine bay when it shouldnt??

puzzled

Last edited:
ok, im reading into it too far. Adapter goes inline from XFI adapter to C437. Replace the 3 bar map under hood. Done deal. There is no reason or hookup needed under the dash which has been mentioned on and off. Alky Green wire gets spliced into the 108119 signal wire.

Last edited: