OK..what gives ???

KWIKR 1

will a top tubular a-arm without a bump stop cause the spindle to bind if there is no weight on the spring ? (No engine in car/front springs not supported)
I just installed my new new MOOG 5660 springs in and the top ball joint geometry seems out of wack causing the spindle to not move freely . The upper a-arm is also being forced against the frame .

ball joint 1s 1/2"taller
UMI Lower Arms
Speedway Motors Upper Control Arms

Attachments

• IMG_0005_1.jpg
    IMG_0005_1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0001_3.jpg
    IMG_0001_3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0002_2.jpg
    IMG_0002_2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0003_1.jpg
    IMG_0003_1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0004_1.jpg
    IMG_0004_1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 101
not having a bumpstop probably put one or both of the balljoints at the limit of their travel. this is really only going to be an issue when you get big air..

not having a bumpstop probably put one or both of the balljoints at the limit of their travel. this is really only going to be an issue when you get big air..

I figured as much . just wanted to hear someone else say it . :) Thanks .

Yeah, just tighten it all up and run with it. I've been like that for a decade. Once it is all buttoned up the ball joints, swaybar endlinks, and shocks all help to keep it out of the wacky droop angle you are showing there.

I know this is an old thread but i have the exact same setup and same issue. Did the suspension settle when you finally lowered it? Fully lowered on the ground my suspension will not travel at all. Hard as a rock and upper joint is at an extreme angle. Thanks