Ohio newb

Alex L.

Hello everyone, my name's Alex. I learned of this site from the late Kenny. He posted updates on the Big Wood alcohol car throughout their build. It's been weird not seeing any updates on it...

I've been into imports since the early 2000's, having restored a 1982 Supra with my father to get myself into the Toyota/turbo (yes, the car is boosted) craze. More recently and with the help of Gearheadz Automotive in Columbus, I've been building a turbo 1992 Lexus SC300. That car has a whole slew of modifications that I will go into further details with if you all want me to.

Now, why I am here. I've been looking for a project that is not Toyota for once. I've looked around at Mustangs, F-Bodies, etc. and none of them have appealed to me. The more I've seen of the LC2 motor and the things you all can do with G-Bodies, I've become very interested in them. I am currently looking for a box Caprice to do an LC2 swap into and put an "I <3 MY HYBRID" sticker on to piss off all of the tree-huggers.

I've got a lot of reading to do to build this car, but I see no reason that it could not be built. If I am not mistaken, there is a 4-door Regal with an LC2 rolling around Columbus.

That's it for me. I'll post pictures of the Toyotas later if you all would be interested.

Welcome.

Many Hybrids here. Sleepers are cool. Lot's to learn here. In fact, you can screw up your whole life trying to understand Turbo Buicks (or women).:D

Good people here too.:smile:

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

If understanding these cars is like understanding women, I may be out of luck.

I found a VERY clean and well-priced box for sale in Indiana, figures it comes at a time that I don't have any money. :rolleyes:

If understanding these cars is like understanding women, I may be out of luck.

You'll never completely understand either one of them, so don't even try. I guess you just try and stay one step ahead of them, enjoy the ride, and try not get em too pissed off at you. Just remember. If your not carefull, either one of them could end up taking half your money, before you know what hit you.:eek::D

Don't say that we didn't warn you...

Mike B.

The Toyotas have taught me that. With all of the -AN line and miscellaneous electronics I've wasted money on, I could have payed rent for a year.

Well with all the experimenting I've had to do I probibly could have bought a nice piece of property. I will warn you that these cars aint cheap and will frustrate you to no end if things aren't right with them Good luck and welcome aboard.

Well with all the experimenting I've had to do I probibly could have bought a nice piece of property. I will warn you that these cars aint cheap and will frustrate you to no end if things aren't right with them Good luck and welcome aboard.

So true.

On the other hand. these are one of the most satisfying performance cars that you can own. It's very addictive to be able to do so much, with so little.:)

Mike B.

All that means is it will take longer. I'm not sure any project can take longer than my SC300.

If it helps Alex, I'm on three years and counting. But mine's a carb/turbo system so I litterally have to make the parts I want. No one has anything for my PITA.

If it helps Alex, I'm on three years and counting. But mine's a carb/turbo system so I litterally have to make the parts I want. No one has anything for my PITA.

I've got a year with the Lexus, right now we're trying to adapt an AEM Series 2 EMS for a Supra TT to work on a non-turbo wiring harness and NA-T setup. It's running on LS1 coils, big injectors, etc. After all of this work, it's just going to grenade the transmission once it's done. Hopefully it breaks **** good.

I just want to sell the car at this point.

Welcome to TurboBuick.com, the biggest & the best of all of the turbo Buick forums / sites anywhere.

Welcome Alex...Looks like your from my neck of the woods, you posted that you have Rob helping with your project. Sounds like you've got some interesting upcoming projects planned. Good Luck with your plans. Maybe we'll run into each other sometime...John

Welcome Alex...Looks like your from my neck of the woods, you posted that you have Rob helping with your project. Sounds like you've got some interesting upcoming projects planned. Good Luck with your plans. Maybe we'll run into each other sometime...John

I remember your intro on CR. The Lexus is sitting at Rob's right now, I'm sure I'll be up there a few days this week. Glad to see you over here too.

I remember your intro on CR. The Lexus is sitting at Rob's right now, I'm sure I'll be up there a few days this week. Glad to see you over here too.

Yeah, I couldn't find a place to fit in over on CR. Cool site with alot of locals. I haven't spoke with Rob in a while, sounds like he keeps pretty busy with his shop. Rob used to stop over at my shop back when he was working on his Mustang. I'll keep a eye out for the Lexus...

Yeah, I couldn't find a place to fit in over on CR. Cool site with alot of locals. I haven't spoke with Rob in a while, sounds like he keeps pretty busy with his shop. Rob used to stop over at my shop back when he was working on his Mustang. I'll keep a eye out for the Lexus...

I may be up there on Thursday night, Friday for sure. Feel free to stop over if you're not busy.

I may be up there on Thursday night, Friday for sure. Feel free to stop over if you're not busy.

I've been telling Rob I'll make it over, but I haven't done it yet. I'm sure I'll get by there sooner or later. If you remember tell Rob I said hey...