Not really a mustang kill,but close

sixgun86gn

six offender
Went to a local 1/8 mile track about an hour drive from my house last night.I ran into a buddy I havent seen in a while.He had his mustang there and was running it.A while back he told me what he was going to do to the motor and I told him it would be a dog and he did it anyway.The motor is a Keith Craft 318 stroker with Victor JR. heads ,a large roller cam,a Victor jr. intake and a carb,I believe an 850,C4 with a stall conv,and a bunch of other stuff.It even has a 6 point roll bar.Well,on with the story.I drove to the track,he trailered.My first run was a crappy 7.99@86 with a 2.07 60' so I tried again.Sure enough he gets lined up with me and he gets out first and I leave almost a second later.I didnt pass him but these are the #s Him: 8.06 @ 86.58 with a 1.86 60' .882 reaction Me: 7.90 @ 89.67 with a 1.99 60' and reaction of 1.606.Not a kill,but if we left at the same time I would have beaten it,and my car was running like crap.He got it down to a 7.94 by the end of the night.Lucky for him we didnt line up on my last run as I was getting faster all night.My last run was 7.42 @ 91.33 with a 1.699 60' it could have looked bad for him.I still havent gotten past 21# of boost yet so with a good 60' and some more boost and fuel I think I will hit 7.0 or 6.9 if I am lucky.There was another red regal out there running alot of 7.0s and 7.1s I was told he even hit 6.8s earlier.I wonder what his combo was.BTW this was at Redline raceway in caddo mills TX in case anyone knows who that is or anything.Sorry guys for writing a book.

A guy I used to work with has a similar mustang (keith Craft, blah, blah blah...to the tune of near $20K in a $2K car) and when he and I met at kennedale, we had similar results.

First run, I don't leave until I've built the proper boost and everything checks out... at least a 1.5 second reaction time. He leaves with the light thinking we are racing.

At the pits he gleefully asks what I ran, thinking he handed me my @ss. "I don't know, 7.50?" to his 8.0+. He didn't believe me until he got the timeslip. Then he was pissed. He had to turn on the Nitrous and run me again.

Needless to say I handed him his ass three times in a row after that, no matter how much Nitrous he applied.

I know it should be capable of faster times,but it wasnt his first time out.He told me he was running 38*total timing with the base at 20* and he went up three jet sizes and the car did not respond.My guess is that the race gas he is using is hurting more than helping?Im not impressed by most hopped up stangs anyway,very rarely do they run like they say they will.Oh BTW that stang has 4.30 rear gears in it too.He is planning on juicing it too.If he can't get it better than that on motor he won't do so great on juice.

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
I know it should be capable of faster times,but it wasnt his first time out.He told me he was running 38*total timing with the base at 20* and he went up three jet sizes and the car did not respond.My guess is that the race gas he is using is hurting more than helping?Im not impressed by most hopped up stangs anyway,very rarely do they run like they say they will.Oh BTW that stang has 4.30 rear gears in it too.He is planning on juicing it too.If he can't get it better than that on motor he won't do so great on juice.

Patrick, was that the white Mudstain that was parked beside you??

I believe I handed his ass to him at least once.:eek:

No it was a green notchback.347,come on down and Ill show you what I know.I know probably more about Mustangs than you do as I have had some extremely fast ones.I know with all the strokers and juice and blowers most of you guys cant make the power.Talk all you want if you are sore that one more makes you guys look bad.Nobody was picking on you.Maybe your turd is slow and you took it personal?

Alright you snide little B&%$#.I guess I don't know nothing ,since I never had a Keith Crap motor built for me.I built all my cars unlike you little 5 liter peter eaters.Knowledge is what it takes to do it.I suppose by having a slow POS that makes you an automotive god,right.You've said enough,now move on.....TROLL.Oh BTW I'll bet cash that 347 v8 of yours doesnt put out 400 at the wheels,well my v6 does...and then some(built by yours truly).When you are ready grasshopper come and get some.

Until you show it you are just a mouth loser.Put up or shut up.BTW if you really beleive 400hp is all Im packing you are an idiot.I have you covered girly boy bring your trailered turd on down.If you really were that fast you wouldnt make some stupid excuse for every Mustang that gets whipped by one of these guys,Ive seen the replies you make and you have nothing.I'm sure you probably don't even OWN a mustang but wish you had one.Silly typical mustang tool.I'm done with you now so don't even bother with another pathetic reply just run off and play with the other retards.If you wanna talk ,lets talk at Noble,but I'm sure you will probably have a reason you can't make it.