Not a kill, but successfully defended my territory

87GNSteve

Just another pretty face....
Keep in mind I've been out of circulations for years now 2 TRs and both of them projects. One is 95% finished and intended to be the beast. This other one recently finished and completed the shake down cruises. It is a blue base regal T with bench seat and column shift, w/ the original LC2 removed by the previous owner and put in a 454. I made a deal on the car as a roller.
I quickly assembled a 109 with used forged pistons, and did a FWD roller cam setup (albeit oversize cam to grow into), green stripe injectors, stock turbo and a TT chip burned for 91 octane. It was solely a driver.
Runs nice, take it to work everyday now.
One day I am heading home and a newer mustang is up ahead of me, loud exhaust and a stick shift as you can tell. I was behind him by 2 cars, up at a light when it turned green he takes off fast and pulls in front of another car to avoid getting slowed by turning traffic. So my spidey senses are tingling.
We drive a mile and he is ahead of me and I am behind about 100 yds. Light up ahead turns red, its a 3 way intersection. He is in the left I am in the right. Traffic is turning onto the road ahead of us from my right; a big slow tractor trailer with flat bed goes by and then two econo box cars turn directly into his lane. I know he is going to try to lane shift.
I discretely(if you can even do that with a column shifter) shift from OD to D. And the light goes green and he leaps ahead, loud and proud, with his launch completely surprising me. I mash it, and reel him right in and stay right by his driver door.
The rear of the econo car in front of him is getting larger and larger......... he has no option but to abort the mission. I successfully defended my lane.
Strangely he stays back a long way instead of tailgating I appreciate his respect.
Felt good after so long, and not bad for my dull penny bench seat Regal.

Last edited:
Nice story even if it wasn't a kill, you hanging at his door obviously made a serious impression on them and left wondering what the heck is in that car.

Nice territory defense, well done on holding it down in your daily cruiser. I bet he'll think twice when he sees a TR behind or next to him in the future.
He should be glad you werent in the other more evil TR, you'd had them selling their mustang although they might consider taking it in to go trade it in after that little street adventure.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited: