Norwalk 2016?

Just a small update I'm passing along for the event.

This years Host Hotel for the Dick Miller Racing “BOC Nationals” will again be the Best Western of Norwalk. Call (419)663-3501 (or 4196633501 for you mobile folks) by July 1st. We have negotiated special rates if you mention you are with the “Dick Miller Racing Group”. In Thursday night with a 3 night stay rooms will be $124.00 per night. In Friday night with a 2 night stay rooms will be $144.00 per night. In for Saturday night only will be $169.00. All rates are plus taxes.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi All

Been a lurker here for years. Had to life issues to contend with and had to let my 79 regal project go.

Found an 87 Cutlass a while back and have been working on getting it back on the road/track so I've been on the realoldspower board for quite a while.

Guess we're all in the same boat for the events and car counts. Mr. Miller has continued our event with the exciting addition of the Buicks and Caddys. I'd like to extend a gracious invitation to any and all that can make it.

Norwalk is a great track and the weekend is a blast.

I won't be attending. Too damn hot and that track has no shade unless your under the bleachers lol.

It'll be toasty, no doubt. My car won't be ready, but I'd still attend. Looks like the chance of storms keeps increasing, though. The Buick curse continues...

Yea, get there at 7am and leave by 10am lol. Not surprised about the rain, I mean it is going to be 95 degrees and about 80% humidity with sun, perfect recipe for storms.

Unfortunately true...that's been the story the past few times I've been to Norwalk. Not ideal for a 2.5 hour drive, I can't imagine the people coming in from out of state. It's too bad, Norwalk is a nice track...hopefully there is a rain date.

Unfortunately true...that's been the story the past few times I've been to Norwalk. Not ideal for a 2.5 hour drive, I can't imagine the people coming in from out of state. It's too bad, Norwalk is a nice track...hopefully there is a rain date.

I hear ya. As someone who's lived in Ohio all his life, believe me our weather in this state sucks. "Alaska winters, and Florida summers"

Yea neither did I. My wife and I drove up in the morning and we were there for about 2hrs and then left. I didn't take my car because of the weather which it looked like a lot of people didn't. It was a shame there wasn't more of a turn out but I also understand why. I counted I think 7 turbo buicks there and 2 of those were in the car show. Overall it was pretty disappointing I thought as the turnout was extremely low. Hopefully turnout improves over the next couple of years.

I'll try to not break my car this spring so I can make it to Norwalk this year:ROFLMAO: hopefully will be nicer weather and a bigger turnout.

Going to try and make it this year. Buicks and Norwalk are meant for each other. Nice facility and some good running cars in that area

Just a FYI, Dragway 42 is re-opening this year.

I hope the Buicks have a better turn out this year. Last year I saw no TRs racing and only 3 in the car show. The overall Buick participation was very disappointing.