Norwalk 2016?

SS/GN

When is the date for the Buick race at Norwalk this year? Any info or links?

Thanks I just got the low down on the V8 Buick forum. It's too bad because it is an amazing facility and I had a great time when I went 2 years ago. Not many events for us, and this is just a sign of things to come. The Buick world is getting smaller, look at the forums most of the others are a ghost town.

Last I heard they are joining forces with an existing Oldsmobile event up there, I think it's in July this year. I'll see if I can find the link, but it was on the V8 forum. I think it's a BOP event now.

Last I heard they are joining forces with an existing Oldsmobile event up there, I think it's in July this year. I'll see if I can find the link, but it was on the V8 forum. I think it's a BOP event now.

Thats works for me. We should look at the bright side here.... At least they will have an event to attend. Maybe we can even get them to have a turbo class!!(y)

Thats works for me. We should look at the bright side here.... At least they will have an event to attend. Maybe we can even get them to have a turbo class!!(y)

Yeah, I'll take any chance I can to go to Norwalk again!

It is Buick, Olds, and Cadillac bodied or powered event.

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it was something like that. I hope the turnout will be good

I always liked the Norwalk facility and program that was put on for us. The $1 ice cream was a nice touch by the track too:)

Oh absolutely! I have been there a couple times, but this year will (knock on wood) be the first time I've raced there

Its listed on the Summit Motor Sports Park 2016 Season Schedule
as Dick Miller Racing Buick-Olds-Cadillac Race / Show Nationals July 24

Are the LSA powered CTSV's allowed? They are Cadillac's but with a Chevy engine

Car Craft will be there? Sweet! My car is nowhere near magazine worthy, but I'm sure some of your guys' cars will be. Look forward to it

Hello!
I figured I'd revive this thread and answer a few questions since you all seem interested. With the cancellation of the Buick event, we extended the invite to not only them, but also the Caddy guys. As far as that's concerned, the modern LS powered Cadillacs are more than welcome. It is literally open to any car with a BOC engine or any BOC body with whatever under the hood. If you have a 74 Omega with a big block Chevy, cool. If you have an old T-bucket with a nailhead, even better. Bring 'em!

In fact, I'm looking to push for more of the turbo 3.8 and modern Caddy stuff because that's what really interests me.

I spoke with Dick about opening up some sort of class for the turbo guys and here's how that would work out. Being this is the first year for the event being combined, it's sort of a pilot episode. If the turn out warrants it, there has been talk of potentially extending the event for three days next year and adding more classes. If enough of you turbo guys showed up we could maaaaaybe make a class for you guys that day, but figured you'd have fun picking on the V8's regardless (especially if we get some boosted Northstar and LSA Cadillacs).

Like I said, if we can get some growth, he's absolutely down for adding classes and extending the schedule in the future. If you guys have any questions regarding the event don't hesitate to shoot me a PM or ask right here in this thread. I'd kill to have a horde of Grand Nationals and T-types roll up to the gates.

Car Craft will, indeed, be there looking for feature cars. The cool thing about those guys is that you don't have to have something perfect to be featured. The articles on Average Joe beaters are my favorite ones.

Last edited:
Hello!
I figured I'd revive this thread and answer a few questions since you all seem interested. With the cancellation of the Buick event, we extended the invite to not only them, but also the Caddy guys. As far as that's concerned, the modern LS powered Cadillacs are more than welcome. It is literally open to any car with a BOC engine or any BOC body with whatever under the hood. If you have a 74 Omega with a big block Chevy, cool. If you have an old T-bucket with a nailhead, even better. Bring 'em!

In fact, I'm looking to push for more of the turbo 3.8 and modern Caddy stuff because that's what really interests me.

I spoke with Dick about opening up some sort of class for the turbo guys and here's how that would work out. Being this is the first year for the event being combined, it's sort of a pilot episode. If the turn out warrants it, there has been talk of potentially extending the event for three days next year and adding more classes. If enough of you turbo guys showed up we could maaaaaybe make a class for you guys that day, but figured you'd have fun picking on the V8's regardless (especially if we get some boosted Northstar and LSA Cadillacs).

Like I said, if we can get some growth, he's absolutely down for adding classes and extending the schedule in the future. If you guys have any questions regarding the event don't hesitate to shoot me a PM or ask right here in this thread. I'd kill to have a horde of Grand Nationals and T-types roll up to the gates.

Car Craft will, indeed, be there looking for feature cars. The cool thing about those guys is that you don't have to have something perfect to be featured. The articles on Average Joe beaters are my favorite ones.

Thanks for the details! Very excited for this event. I'll be there with my T, and I'll race in whatever class I'm allowed to

Hello!

Yeah I was sad to see the May Norwalk Buick event go away. It had a decent car show and swap meet and racing to boot. You figure the GNs are getting to be about 30 or so years old now and I get the impression that the latest turbo Buicks aren't being modified/collected in the numbers that the 80's GNs were.

I'm thinking of going to the other Buick event with the Caddys at Norwalk. I'll be going to the GN Nats in September for sure. Fun stuff!! My boss has a Cadillac CSV that has been dynoed at 580 RWHP and when he went to race it at Milan here in Michigan he blew up the rear end. Lots of HP for sure!!

FKiller

My understanding is the Norwalk event was killed due to the organizers retiring and nobody took it over, plus I believe NRP booted the buick racing side of it for other events due to low attendance. Both really are a shame since the event had been around for a long time. I thought the BPG was taking it over but I'm not even sure if they are still around as I haven't heard much about them. I will be going to the BOC event though this year at NRP to check it out and I know a few other board members are going. Hope it has a good showing.

Thanks for the details! Very excited for this event. I'll be there with my T, and I'll race in whatever class I'm allowed to

The more turbo Buicks the merrier. Hell I'd be thrilled if it was a turbo takeover. If the turnout is promising, next year there will definitely be more classes added.

Yeah I was sad to see the May Norwalk Buick event go away. It had a decent car show and swap meet and racing to boot. You figure the GNs are getting to be about 30 or so years old now and I get the impression that the latest turbo Buicks aren't being modified/collected in the numbers that the 80's GNs were.

I'm thinking of going to the other Buick event with the Caddys at Norwalk. I'll be going to the GN Nats in September for sure. Fun stuff!! My boss has a Cadillac CSV that has been dynoed at 580 RWHP and when he went to race it at Milan here in Michigan he blew up the rear end. Lots of HP for sure!!

FKiller

It is sad to see an event go, but we're trying to rectify things by inviting other brands to the event. We're definitely stronger together. Tell your boss to get that boat fixed and bring it to Norwalk!

My understanding is the Norwalk event was killed due to the organizers retiring and nobody took it over, plus I believe NRP booted the buick racing side of it for other events due to low attendance. Both really are a shame since the event had been around for a long time. I thought the BPG was taking it over but I'm not even sure if they are still around as I haven't heard much about them. I will be going to the BOC event though this year at NRP to check it out and I know a few other board members are going. Hope it has a good showing.

We can only hope. If we get at least a decent showing from the Buick and Caddy guys this year, it can only grow next year and beyond. A little friendly competition could really fire things up at this event.