Noble Buick/Ford shootout

G McCall

Sure is quiet after the meet.
Actually I just went to see what all the "hype" was about. I couldn't race my T-Type as motor was still at shop. But my first time at this meet was a blast (although I didn't like the wind chill).
By now most know the Buick side did not win. I thought the buicks did pretty well considereing most of the buicks could have driven home after the race. Its just hard to beat the V8 turbocharged and big shot nitrous cars nowdays.
The Buicks were still ahead untill the last 6 or 7 races where most every buick from that point had to line up against a ford that qualified a 1/2 to 1 second better.
Still if a few of the top dog buicks had not broke and a few more fast/fast buicks would have come to the meet as expected, the results would have been different. Thats a fact. Greg and Art's 9.40 cars and atleast one other would have been running the DFW Stang boy's high 9 second cars.
SIGH !!......Only if !!!!!

Nice pictures Ryan. I left the house without my video camera, so these are the only pictures I,ve seen of the meet. DFW Stangs site does have some video.

G McCall