New to the site, brand new dream car 87 white turbo t

Zach L.

Picked up my dream car the other day, very happy with it. Im pretty familiar with these cars but im sure ill be posting on this site alot as a i work on it and issues come up. Im in socal. Here are some details:
1987 white turbo t/ oxblood interior
75k miles, built trans ta 49 turbo lots more speed parts, but mostly stock. Runs well drives great except a small whine from rear end, also need a power ateering reservoir. If anyone here knows where to find one that would be much appreciated! Really looking forward to all the expert advice on this site, ill attach a picture of the car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 149
I have had good luck on high mileage mustangs changing out the rear end oil out and replacing it with synthetic gear oil and the whine almost completely goes away.

Nice car!

Where are you located? Looks a lot like Phoenix.

I have had good luck on high mileage mustangs changing out the rear end oil out and replacing it with synthetic gear oil and the whine almost completely goes away.

Sounds promising might give it a try, what brand did you use?

Mobil 1 You might be a lil low on oil also. I flushed it out with carb cleaner to make sure no trash was in there.

Mobil 1 You might be a lil low on oil also. I flushed it out with carb cleaner to make sure no trash was in there.

Hmm, last owner said he rebuilt the rear end, 1000 miles ago i was thinking it might be because of that rather than just a high mileage untouched rear end. Regardless ill change the oil.

Thanks, im actually in so cal, riverside county

Well, then you're in Turbo Lou Czarnota's back yard. He's right there in Lake Forest. One of the very best Turbo Buick guys out there. :D

I like the white ones, too.

Attachments

• IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 97
Well, then you're in Turbo Lou Czarnota's back yard. He's right there in Lake Forest. One of the very best Turbo Buick guys out there. :D

I like the white ones, too.

Yep, hes pretty close, im just enjoying my car as it sits now but im saving up so i can just pull it apart completely in a couple years and do everything right, maybe a pro touring style car, not sure yet. I will definitely be paying him a visit then, hope his place is open forever. And your car looks great! Love the wheels

The gear setup might be source of the noise.
Yeah thats what i think, he said he usually uses richmond gears with the gn rear ends hes built and tried this new company and thats probably cause of noise. Ill sort it out eventually.

Welcome and Nice Ride!!! The white ones always catch my eye.

Congrats on reaching the dream!!

Nice ride. Welcome to your new addiction. LOL!

Don't forget posi trac additive when/if you change fluid.

Rick