New sd2 chip question

Poppy 1440,

Give us your PowerLogger (F3) setup parameters here so we are all reading the file with the correct values, MAF is 768 Grams Per Sec (SD-2), what are the rest of your Analog Input Settings? What pressure are you logging? It's showing about 22/23 psi.
upload_2017-1-31_22-59-38.png

I would download the SD-2 manual and read it a few times then give yourself a few hours to make sure each step is completed in setting the latest updates in the powerlogger and the SD-2. Assuming all of that is correct, verify the TPS sensor set at idle and WOT with the car off/key on correct, take your time. At a glance it appears that the pressure reading is probably your fuel rail pressure, which should be up around 42 at idle. The block here that is highlighted yellow is your idle block
upload_2017-1-31_23-14-53.png

This may have to be lowered to get your idle around 13.5 air fuel ratio.

Thank for the responses fellas.
I have read the manual several times but for some reason I am not grasping this chip. It's not sinking in. I was decent with my 6.1 chip but this one is taking me longer to digest. Maybe I'm in over my head with the SD2

Please the two logs. one is cruising and an attempt to go into boost but the car made a loud pop so I lifted. Sounds like spark is getting blown out.

I am going to check a few things like: boost levels, plug gap, vacuum leaks, intercooler hoses, vacuum lines etc

Attachments

• 2-6-17-test.dat
    80.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 2-6-17-idle.dat
    83 KB · Views: 65
Also, I have the boost as low as I can get it using the rjc boost schader valve. Maybe I can try putting a little less pressure on the puck. that might help

Thank for the responses fellas.
I have read the manual several times but for some reason I am not grasping this chip. It's not sinking in. I was decent with my 6.1 chip but this one is taking me longer to digest. Maybe I'm in over my head with the SD2

Please the two logs. one is cruising and an attempt to go into boost but the car made a loud pop so I lifted. Sounds like spark is getting blown out.

I am going to check a few things like: boost levels, plug gap, vacuum leaks, intercooler hoses, vacuum lines etc
You need to tell us or take a screen shot of your setup parameters before we can accurately assist you.

Found what made the popping sound.
I made a few changes to the tune.
I will post logs a little later.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0396.JPG
    IMG_0396.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
Found what made the popping sound.
I made a few changes to the tune.
I will post logs a little later.

Thanks
Well I see a few things, is your fuel pressure transducer accurate? (23.5 lbs) It's easy enough to adjust in the F3 Configure page, but you will need a mechanical gauge to setup the electric one. You have low vacuum at idle, smell your oil dipstick, make sure it doesn't smell like gasoline. If it smells like fuel you may have washed down your cylinder walls, which can lower your compression/vacuum. 1st thing is to get that fuel pressure adjusted correctly 38 (vacuum line off) for the injectors over 80 lbs.
Parameter 2 I have mine set at 135 (13.5:1 ratio) and you have 99 (preset chip value from Eric). This will let the computer adjust fuel to help you stay at your target a/f ratio, in my case 13.5. Baby steps....

Thanks. So much I will check those things out tomorrow and get back with you.
Thanks again

Pleasure talking to you good luck with tuning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk