New sd2 chip question

idle log.
wide band not registering for some reason also

Attachments

• idle-12-12-16.dat
    155.8 KB · Views: 96
Attempted to crank for about 5secs pulled plug and looks dry

That's what I figured. Negative fuel trim is not helping. Why injector size is set to 173? Try and reducing injector size below actual. If using 160's try 150.

Verify power to the plx controller. If that checks out it might be time for a new sensor.

Last edited:
Im thinking the sensor might be bad because I have verified hot and ground on the power plug.

I do have a spare AEM wideband with sensor and gauge i will try.

I'll try to find the injector size setting and change it, thanks. Ill report back

Putting a minus sign in front of it subtracts fuel. "-15" would subtract 15% cranking fuel. "15" would add 15%.
COPy that I was under the impression since it was a fuel trim that the positive number would be the amount being trimmed . Anyway thanks for clearing That up for me

Have you tried to re flash the PL with the original parameters? Sometimes files get funky messed up parameters in there . How have you been tuning it ? Tuner pro or just from the powerlogger when plugged in ?

Ok, I changed the injector size to 150 and put -12 in the cranking fuel trim and the car nearly cranked on the first try. I cranked much much much faster this time. I think once I find that magic number it is going to fire right up.

As for as tuning i haven't done any tuning yet because of the wideband issue.

Last weekend Bison was going to Dyno tune the car but we couldn't because of the wideband problem.

Glad you tried it . Mine is set at -13 and it fires right up . E85 is fun adjusting to . My 160lb injectors are set to 165 aswell .

Dank, you went up on your injector size setting instead of down?

Were you lean? Im just trying to learn

1 have 160s and I was told to try 150 for injector size

But you have 160s and you are using 165 could you tell me why please

What causes this is variations car-to-car. The 3 bar MAP sensors are only 3% accurate, variations in resistance in the harness grounds, variations in the batch of injectors, fuel pressure differences, alternator voltage, etc. All this stuff adds up, and the best way to adjust for it all is to use the injector size to kind of "center" things.

Bob

For some reason that's what Eric set it at and after playing with the tune she seems to like 165 so I leave it there .

Initially set injector size to match actual injector. Cranking fuel at 0. The motor should start and run. If it cranks excessively, raise cranking fuel.

Injector size setting can be used to correct a global rich or lean condition. If the motor is running lean across the board, lower injector size and vise versa for rich.

Taking this into perspective, setting injector size to 173 ( when you have 160's) made it lean across the board including cranking fuel. Negative cranking fuel trim further leans cranking fuel.

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation.
Also the car has a 5 bar map instead of a 3 and the computer is always in closed loop

If that changes things i don't know

Fellas, for some reason the car was hard to crank again today and the settings are still the same as the other day.
It actually didn't crank until i changed cranking fuel trim to 50. But when it did crank it was running like it w flooding til it burned all that fuel then it levelled out.

I still think something strange is going on with the fuel pumps or the gauge or the regulator because the fuel pressure drops immediately after it primes. It immediately drops but while cranking the fuel pressure stays up and while running it stays up

I have had several times that I had to re flash the Ecm . Look through all the tables VE,spark,Ect for strange out of place numbers you might have a corrupt File .

You keep running the cranking fuel up that high and you may end up washing down the cylinders and putting raw gas in your crankcase/oilpan.

BTW, cranking is what the starter does during startup. Once the engine fires, that's not cranking.

Ok I'll try reflashing

I didn't go straight to 50. I went as low as it would allow me -20 i think and started moving up in increments of 10 it hit. When I say hit it sounded like it fired. When I got to 50 it cranked.

Strange thing is after it idles for a minute or so it will continue to fire right up for hours.

Its just the initial crank every day