New Houston

jwbrocloud

Hi Guys,

Been lurking for a few months but finally wanted to introduce myself. I'm located in NW Houston close to cypress area and have owned this 87' Astro roof car since about February. If anyone is close by and wants to meet up please let me know!

Also these are the pics from the Craigslist ad where I purchased her in channelview area. So if anyone recognizes it and knows any history on the car please let me know, as the owner literally gave me nothing but the keys and the title.

Cheers,

Cloud

IMG_6571.JPG
IMG_6572.JPG
IMG_6573.JPG
IMG_6575.JPG

welcome! I'm in SW Houston. so the previous owner gave you no info as to what kind of mods were done to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome! I'm in SW Houston. so the previous owner gave you no info as to what kind of mods were done to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Exactly. No maintenance records, no build thread, nothing except keys and title. The guy spoke very little English. I of course pulled a Carfax and the car has no accident history and the mileage was accurate. From looking at the title the previous owner before him was a "Progressive Motorsports" so I am assuming the car may have some sort of mods other than what I can obviously see (Alky Control, Turbonetics turbo, GN1 Intercooler, GN1 Valve covers, etc.) Car drives great though other than needing some shocks.

Put a set of Bilstien shocks on it. You'll be happy with them. Nice car.
Maybe someone can plan a meet and greet in the next month.

Last edited:
Put a set of Bilstien shocks on it. You'll be happy with them. Nice car.
Maybe someone can plan a meet and greet in the next month.

I heard the Bilsteins were a good option. Looking at those or possibly a set of Ridetech's if I can hold out until the end of the year. I'm sure there will be a meet pop up before the end of summer.

Looks like there is a good number of us on the NW side. Looking forward to seeing everyone out!

Im up in montgomery too. I was at the car meet last Saturday. They told me two weeks ago there was another GN there.