New here

rgcoasty

Hello everyone, just making my first post to the forum. I recently purchased a 86' GN from charolette. I'm still waiting for the car to be shipped home. I feel I got a great price for the car. I have traveled from mobile AL to Houston, Kansas City, Chicago, Miami, pensacola fl, talehasse fl, Valdosta GA and back to Houston and finally found one in charolette. I used Kirban's guides to turbo buick and also the buyers guides to assist me in my search. That is a must buy if buying one of these cars.

I am happy to say I got a very very close to stock car with 97k and a beautiful paint job and some after market wheels. Also I get the original rims too. They need work. But I got them.

It made me upset to see how many of these cars have been cloned, raced out, or had blown engines, !!!

Anyways I'm looking forward to being a part of this community. Thank you for all the great info people have posted to this forum. It's a great reference to just about everything to do with a GN.

Here she is. Just need a good name and plate to go with her

Attachments

• 22-370x275.jpg
    22-370x275.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 105
Looks great. :)
Come on in, grab a beer and make yourself at home. Where do you live? Welcome to the site.

I gave your first post a "like". Congrats. You're now the only one of us that has as many likes as he does posts. Now, don't go and screw that record up.:D JK.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Tint the windows dark and put REDRUM on the plate.;)

Thanks guys starting my spring cleaning on the GN next weekend. Car has been sitting for 15 years so a good update from top down and front to back should do her well.

Is there any easy way to tell the difference between the 200r4 and the 700r4 such as oil pan shape or anything, the owner isnt sure what trans is on it but he had the car since 1992 and said he didn't change it but that doesn't mean that the first owner didn't change it.

I ask cause the dealer that was selling it for the owner had it listed as a 700r4 trans.

Thanks guys starting my spring cleaning on the GN next weekend. Car has been sitting for 15 years so a good update from top down and front to back should do her well.

Is there any easy way to tell the difference between the 200r4 and the 700r4 such as oil pan shape or anything, the owner isnt sure what trans is on it but he had the car since 1992 and said he didn't change it but that doesn't mean that the first owner didn't change it.

I ask cause the dealer that was selling it for the owner had it listed as a 700r4 trans.

700r4 pan

200r4 pan