New guy from Michigan

MJOHNSON

Wanted to introduce myself, I have loved these cars since they came out. I've raced all kinds of G-bodies and have had several Super comp/top dragster cars as well. These cars have just kinda of eluded me. Si i finally was able to find a very nice 1 owner low mileage 86 G/N. It needs paint and has a ton of mods. I'm learning as we go. I was on here last week and found a 87 Limited w/landau roof. So I bought it as well. These cars are a riot and wish I would have bought one a long time ago. Glad to be here and don't mind if I pester some of you for info. Thanks------------Mark

Welcome aboard, there are lots of guys on here, and we are all happy to help out.

Post some pics.

Are there any 'issues' with the cars that need to be addressed?

As always, spark knock (detonation) and overboost are the biggest things to watch for on a turbo car.

Bob

Wanted to introduce myself, I have loved these cars since they came out. I've raced all kinds of G-bodies and have had several Super comp/top dragster cars as well. These cars have just kinda of eluded me. Si i finally was able to find a very nice 1 owner low mileage 86 G/N. It needs paint and has a ton of mods. I'm learning as we go. I was on here last week and found a 87 Limited w/landau roof. So I bought it as well. These cars are a riot and wish I would have bought one a long time ago. Glad to be here and don't mind if I pester some of you for info. Thanks------------Mark

Welcome to the board.

Where in Michigan are you located?

Hope you realize how addicting these cars can be!! :wink:

I do race at Milan, however I announce the friday night shootouts for them as well. Woodward is a bit too far for me though. If you are there on one of the shootout nights...stop up and say hi.

I'm down close the ohio border. Not as lucky as being up North. I'm up in Traverse City and the UP about once a month or so. And yes I have already realized how addicting they are. Just ordered Close to $1500.00 worth of stuff.

I do race at Milan, however I announce the friday night shootouts for them as well. Woodward is a bit too far for me though. If you are there on one of the shootout nights...stop up and say hi.

No kidding? Cool. I normally race at NO ET, but we recently rebuilt my Mustang to run heads up in Outlaw Limited Street on Saturdays. I sure hope that class comes back next year. If it doesn't, you may see me in Drag Radial on Friday night.